Forums

Discuss all things Remember The Milk.

menu

Showing all tasks (including sub tasks)

gordonrobb says:
I'm trying to create a smart list which shows all of my tasks, including subtasks, ans sub-sub-tasks. Is there a way I can achieve this? I want it to know how much stuff I have in total, and to quickly look at what I've done today/this week etc.
Posted at 9:25am on February 23, 2017
gordonrobb says:
I think I solved this by using the hasSubtask command
Posted 7 years ago
andrewski (Remember The Milk) says:
Hi gordonrobb,
We're glad to hear that's working for you. :)

If it helps, the way the list view works is that subtasks would be collected under a main task or parent task if both show in the same view, but if only the subtask appears it should show alone. I feel like you may run into that behavior in the Smart List you're trying to create, so I wanted to mention it.

Hope this helps!
Posted 7 years ago
gordonrobb says:
Yes. I saw that. But managed to get what I wanted, which was just a count of all tasks, down to sub-sub task level. HasSubtask:false did the trick.
Posted 7 years ago
robert.ward says:
If you are a programmer or even know just a little bit of code, you can pull in ALL tasks using the API. It doesn't distinguish between parent task and sub-task. A task is a task is a task.
Posted 7 years ago
gordonrobb says:
Ah, ignore my comment from other thread Robert. How would one go about 'using the API'?
Posted 7 years ago
robert.ward says:
This is a draft and not complete, but should get you started.

http://jballoonist.pythonanywhere.com/customize-remember-the-milk-even-if-you-arent-a-programmer/

Post on here if you have questions.
Posted 7 years ago
gordonrobb says:
Thanks mate. Having a look now.
Posted 7 years ago
gordonrobb says:
Robert. Following your guide, I get to the bit where I enter my API key and secret, but the response I get is Errno 2 - No such file or directory. Any ideas?
Posted 7 years ago
robert.ward says:
Hey sorry for the delay...

That's great! Glad to hear someone is making use of it.

Sounds like the script you are running is looking for another file or a file within a different directory

Without seeing more detail it is hard to know for sure. If you want you can share your console with me and I can take a closer look. On the top right of the console there is a link "share with others." Enter in my username (up to you if you want it read only or not) and I'll be able to see it.
Posted 7 years ago
gordonrobb says:
Let me take another look at this next week. Super busy with work at the moment. I'll follow the steps and then see what's what.
Posted 7 years ago
robert.ward says:
Alright sounds good.

Also my username for Python anywhere is JBalloonist (NOT robert.ward).
Posted 7 years ago
This topic has now been closed automatically due to a lack of responses in the past 90 days.