Forums

Discuss all things Remember The Milk.

menu

Clever way to recreate notes within a task from an iCal Backup

thomas.ritter says:
Hi,
this morning I just lost a bunch of notes entries inside of 2 subtasks (without any intervention from myself) while using the Android App version of RTM.
As I'm doing a complete backup of all tasks as an iCal file every morning I wonder if someone found a smart and easy way to recreate those lost notes entries from this iCal file.
All ideas are welcome,
thanks Thomas
Posted at 4:22pm on December 3, 2016
thomas.ritter says:
Sorry, the above was meant as a question, I forgot the "?" at the end of the headline, but posts cant be edited (afaik).
Posted 7 years ago
andrewski (Remember The Milk) says:
Hi thomas.ritter,
Thanks for your email about this issue, which we'll be looking into and helping you with.

To answer your specific question about the iCalendar, probably the best option would be to use a calendar app on your computer, like Mozilla Thunderbird for example, to import the iCalendar. Then you can search for your tasks by name to get the notes back and copy them back into Remember The Milk.

If you wanted to create a new task, it'd also be possible to import these into Remember The Milk with our email service.

Hope this helps a bit, and we'll be in touch about the underlying issue!
Posted 7 years ago
This topic has now been closed automatically due to a lack of responses in the past 90 days.