Forums

Discuss all things Remember The Milk.

menu

Pseudo Contacts

(closed account) says:
Can I add pseudo contacts without inviting them? I don't need share lists or tasks and I don't want to invite everybody I need a quick reminder about to RTM. That's just overkill. I'm your customer, not your ad-guy ;-)

I currently have tags to account for that. But I use tags for a lot of stuff and since I cannot group tags into "person tags" or "book tags" (what would be nice, btw), I have to use a prefix. So I use tags like pMom, pJim, pBob, etc.

The downside is that I cannot use smart lists this way. The default delegated-list won't find these tags, since tags are not contacts. Searching for tags that start with 'p' is not possible and tags containing 'p' will show false results.

Also, there is a conceptual problem with this. Contacts are already part of the game, so why not use them? I'd like a way to add pseudo contacts without an email address, so I can keep track of people who don't (want to) use RTM.
Posted at 6:17am on September 20, 2016
andrewski (Remember The Milk) says:
Hi hejado,
It’s not possible to add pseudo-contacts in this way, but thanks for your feedback! Currently Remember The Milk contacts are for fellow users and are intended for sharing and giving lists and tasks.

For Smart Lists you may want to search for tagContains:”p-" or something along those lines to filter out those tasks.

You may want to vote on this in our Posted 7 years ago
This topic has now been closed automatically due to a lack of responses in the past 90 days.