Forums

Discuss all things Remember The Milk.

menu

Keyboard shortcut for task re-ordering

nickgriffiths says:
I'm trying to avoid using a mouse/touchpad because doing exacerbates pain I experience in my right arm/underarm. For this reason, I love using keyboard shortcuts in RTM. However, I think there is one missing.

I frequently change the order of tasks in a list by dragging and dropping (as things become more/less important). I can whizz through and select tasks using 'j', 'k' and 'i', but then I have to use the mouse/touchpad to move them up & down the list. When I look at the list of keyboard shortcuts (by pressing '?' in the OS X app) I don't see one for moving selected tasks.

Is there a keyboard shortcut for re-ordering tasks that I'm not aware of? If not, would you consider introducing one? CMD-SHIFT-Up/Down would be my suggestion.
Posted at 10:17am on September 11, 2016
andrewski (Remember The Milk) says:
Hi nickgriffiths,
We don’t currently have a shortcut for the subtask-related drag and drop actions but we do have shortcuts for moving tasks, changing due dates, etc.—the other task actions.

Thanks for your feedback! You can also submit the subtask shortcuts in our Ideas Forum where others could vote on that idea.
Posted 7 years ago
robert.ward says:
What is the shortcut to move a task? I don't see that in the shortcuts menu.
Posted 7 years ago
andrewski (Remember The Milk) says:
Sorry, the shortcut is ‘m’ for “Change list”, but it’s the same as using drag and drop to move a task to another list.
Posted 7 years ago
robert.ward says:
Ah okay...use that one all the time! :)
Posted 7 years ago
This topic has now been closed automatically due to a lack of responses in the past 90 days.