Forums

Discuss all things Remember The Milk.

menu

Remember the Milk and Evernote together?

devarni says:
I'm still testing what is the best way that both work together and I have not found a good solution yet. I use EN for all kind of notes but not so much as an todo app.

The integration with RTM it's a bit.. hmm.. sometimes buggy. RTM removes the date from a EN note if the reminder is set the first time. The note is added to the inbox without a hint of the original notebook (I expect at least an added tag)... I have a lot similar named notes from different notebooks and so I have completely no idea in the RTM inbox which task is which. Moving a task from the inbox to a subtask is with RTM not so easy and needs some extra drag & drop operations.. So this synchronisation is not working very good for me.

Do you use EN reminders and use it as a todo app or are you using only the notes as a replacement for the RTM notes? What is the primary inbox... RTM or EN or both?
There is of course the other question... if recurring tasks are not needed, this could also be handled by Evernote.. why having it twice in Evernote and RTM?
Posted at 8:32am on August 14, 2016
devarni says:
I think I can answer this by myself :D

I would like to use reminders in Evernote but this means to have for every task a own note. This makes it more complicated as it should be IMO. I've tried it but I don't like it.
Checklist items are my tasks and I "transfer" them to RTM with Taskclone. This works very easy. If a task is finished in RTM I must check also the checkbox in Evernote (this is the only downside).
I don't use notes in RTM, instead I link to the Evernote note and use the Evernote url scheme (evernote:///) this works better also with opening the Evernote app on mobile devices. The https protocol with opening the browser and later the app doesn't work very well for me.

To solve the naming without context problem, I add a small prefix, often the shortened title of the parent or a 3 char code I can easy remember.

To solve the problem with moving tasks from the inbox to some of the subtasks, I avoid to use subtasks ;) Only if they are absolutely necessary. I reorganized some stuff to have a more flat hierarchy. To make it a bit easier to read I use tags with a custom order (grouped by tag).

Posted 7 years ago
This topic has now been closed automatically due to a lack of responses in the past 90 days.