Forums

Discuss all things Remember The Milk.

menu

Task IDs for tasks

(closed account) says:
I use a separate task manager for my work tasks because it gives me a task ID for each task (simply a sequential number for each task created). This allows me to use these numbers for ticket numbers for help requests, and also for PO#s so I can tie a PO to a task.

Is there any way to do that with RTM, besides manually adding a sequential number to each task?

Thanks!
Posted at 5:31pm on May 23, 2016
andrewski (Remember The Milk) says:
Hi geojono,
If you are using the web app you can see the task ID in the Address Bar as part of the URL.

If you prefer you can copy the full URL to a task also.

Hope this helps!
Posted 7 years ago
(closed account) says:
Thanks andrewski! I am using the web app and I see the task ID there; I was hoping for something a little less than 9 characters long. I suppose that might work. I might try to find another solution that will allow me to use RTM.

Is there any way to search for a task by the task ID? Just entering the task ID in the search box doesn't find anything.

In the meantime, can this be added to the suggestion box (a field that will show the task ID or one that allows for a count starting at 1, perhaps only on certain lists or a manual "next number" button)? I don't imagine a ton of people are looking for this type of thing, but it would be helpful to me.

Thanks again!
Posted 7 years ago
Hi geojono,
Currently it's not possible to search by task ID, but thanks for your feedback! You can "construct" URLs based on this ID, but that may not be ideal.

You can submit both of these ideas in our Ideas Forum where others can vote on them and discuss them, but for now I've passed your feedback on to our development team. Thanks again! :)
Posted 7 years ago
paul.woolverton says:
I do not see the task ID in the Address Bar as part of the URL.
Posted 7 years ago
Hi paul.woolverton,
Some browsers do not show the full URL in the Address Bar, so you may need to "edit" it to see the task ID at the end. Keep in mind it will show specific to what is selected/focused, so you will want to make sure a task is selected. Hope this helps!
Posted 7 years ago
paul.woolverton says:
I use Chrome. I have a task selected. The last section of the URL is: #section.tasks
I do not understand what you mean:
so you may need to "edit" it to see the task ID at the end.
Posted 7 years ago
Hi paul.woolverton,
It sounds like you're using the old web app; you can see details about the new web app on our website.

You should be able to switch to the new web app via our switcher page or at the top right of the web app, and then the new web app supports this URL setup.

Hope this helps!
Posted 7 years ago
This topic has now been closed automatically due to a lack of responses in the past 90 days.