Forums

Discuss all things Remember The Milk.

menu

Items with Start Date < today not appearing in Today

prushton says:
I would like to have items that have started and am therefore working on today, but have a due date in the future, appear in my Today list. But this doesn't seem to be the case.

Is there anyway I can make this happen without using a Smart List?
Posted at 2:01pm on February 18, 2016
andrewski (Remember The Milk) says:
Hi prushton,
This isn't currently possible aside from a Smart List, but thanks for your feedback. You can submit this in our Ideas forum where others can vote on it as well.

In the meantime, if you did want to create a Smart List you could do so with the following criteria:

due:today OR dueBefore:today OR start:today OR startBefore:today

Hope that helps a bit!
Posted 8 years ago
dalewking says:
I really do not understand why so many task list apps do not get that due date is optional meta data and not all that important. Start date is vital and what everything should be based on. Very few tasks should ever have due dates the majority of tasks should have start dates.

As it stands now the today, tomorrow, and this week views are absolutely worthless. The only way to make this app usable is creating lots of smart lists
Posted 8 years ago
suziestoj says:
I would love this feature.
I'm often working on documents that take about a week (sometimes longer) to produce. Having this feature will allow me to look at my list of what I need to get started on, or focus on for the day.
Posted 8 years ago
suziestoj says:
Hi andrewski,
I tried your suggestion above, and it doesn't seem to work. Your help would be appreciated.
Posted 8 years ago
biokinton says:
@suziestoj - what is it you're having trouble with? Were you able to create the smart list that andrewski mentions?
Posted 8 years ago
prushton says:
@dalewking, I couldn't agree more! This is something that Cultured Code's Things gets right and am trying to replicate in RTM.

For now, I'm thinking of the due date as a start date in RTM, and using the notes field or title to show the actual due date.
Posted 8 years ago
This topic has now been closed automatically due to a lack of responses in the past 90 days.