Forums

Discuss all things Remember The Milk.

menu

setting reminder for manual entry from iPhone App

jeff.robert says:
Feel like this has to exist and I'm just overlooking it. However, when I manually enter a task from my iPhone App, I see no place to set a reminder for that task??? HELP!
Posted at 5:20pm on August 5, 2015
andrewski (Remember The Milk) says:
Hi jeff.robert,
Thanks for getting in touch. It's not currently possible to add a reminder in the iPhone app, but you should receive a reminder that you add in the web app via push notification (or any other reminder method).

(This applies to some top-secret things over in the Remember The Milk Pro Tester Program—check it out if you want to know more!)
Posted 8 years ago
jeff.robert says:
Andrew, Thanks for the prompt reply...

But as a fan of RTM and someone willing to pay to be a pro user, it's becoming a bit frustrating trying to use your product.

The web version now has Sub-task, which is wonderful, except...I can't see them on my iPhone...so they're basically useless.

And now, if I'm understanding you correctly, I can add a task via the iPhone App, but there's no ability to set a "reminder" from the iPhone App. Which pretty much is the entire point of RTM's existence...Having a tool to help avoid forgetting things! So, again, the absence of this functionality, pretty much renders the app useless!

Which makes me as a pro user wonder....What exactly is it that I'[m paying for???
Posted 8 years ago
jeff.robert says:
Upon further digging, as long as I set a due time, my default web setting for notification do come into play...So, it's not as dire as I suspected. However, some further functionality on the App, especially the inclusion of sub-task would be greatly appreciated.

Posted 8 years ago
andrewski (Remember The Milk) says:
Hi jeff.robert,
Yes, sorry I didn't explain that better; all the existing reminders functionality will work in the iPhone app, for tasks with a due date and/or time.

What's unavailable is the additional ability to add an individual reminder to a specific task.

All the new functionality will be coming to the mobile apps once it's out of testing. Thanks for your patience in the meantime!
Posted 8 years ago
This topic has now been closed automatically due to a lack of responses in the past 90 days.