Forums

Discuss all things Remember The Milk.

menu

Background Sync on iOS?

mufftin says:
When will the RTM app on iOS support background sync?

So far only push notifications work. I find it extremely annoying to have to manually sync RTM when I've entered a task. I would like to exit the app and have he task pushed to RTM servers.

My second usecase is to add something in the web app and have it push synced to iOS. On Android it all works flawless.
Posted at 6:57pm on July 2, 2015
emily (Remember The Milk) says:
We have support for background sync in our new iPhone and iPad app that's currently in testing. (Unfortunately our iOS testing program is full as Apple limits us to 1,000 testers, sorry!)

Once we've finished squishing bugs in both the Android and iOS apps, we'll be able to make them available to everyone, so Bob's working as quickly as he can to squish all the bugs. :)
Posted 8 years ago
dembo says:
I'd be even happier than Bob if you could give us an indication when the new iOS versions will be available. Really looking forward to using subtask and all the nice features of the the new web app.

Is there a chance to get the new version in 2015?
Posted 8 years ago
janvanderploeg says:
There is always a chance :)
Posted 8 years ago
mufftin says:
@Emily: I am in the Tester program. Unfortunately the background sync still doesn't work.
How can I be of help to enable you to fix the background sync faster?
Let me know, I help when I can.
Posted 8 years ago
xierox says:
Hi,

I don't think background sync is working for me, either. I added a task to my phone and quickly exited the app before it could sync. Several hours later, the task did not appear in the web based RTM interface.

I checked that background sync is enabled in my iPhone's settings, so I don't believe this is a simple configuration issue.

Anybody having this working successfully for them?

Regards,

James
Posted 8 years ago
mufftin says:
@Emily: Any news on the background sync?
Posted 8 years ago
ranbarton Power Poster says:
Curious if any news on this topic.
Posted 8 years ago
mufftin says:
@Emily: Any news on the background sync?
Posted 8 years ago
This topic has now been closed automatically due to a lack of responses in the past 90 days.