Discuss all things Remember The Milk.

menu

How can i see subtask on my iPhone app

whoyuppie says:
I didnt see it on my iPhone
Posted at 5:41am on June 10, 2015
andrewski (Remember The Milk) says:
Hi whoyuppie,
Subtasks won't appear in the mobile apps currently, sorry. They'll still appear, just as regular tasks.

Stay tuned on our blog for upcoming announcements!
Posted 8 years ago
whoyuppie says:
I hope it will realese in the near future) I cant use subtask without iPhone support.
Posted 8 years ago
jeff.robert says:
Andrew,
From what I'm seeing, Subtask don't appear at all on the iPhone, in any way shape or form. Which, as whoyuppie points out, that renders them pretty much useless until the iPhone App can support them. Any idea when this might be?
Posted 8 years ago
emily (Remember The Milk) says:
Hi jeff.robert,

We have a new iPhone and iPad app in testing already, but unfortunately our iOS testing program is full (Apple limits us to 1,000 testers), sorry!

Once we've finished squishing bugs in both the Android and iOS apps, we'll be able to make them available to everyone, so Bob's working as quickly as he can to squish all the bugs. :)
Posted 8 years ago
azclaire says:
In the mean time, on any device, a poor work around is to search for "isSubtask:true". Only the sub-tasks will be in the search results, not the primary task.

If you name your tasks carefully, you can group them together by primary task. For example, the primary tasks might be "Vacation" and "Pets". Your sub-tasks could be named "VACA Stop the Mail", "V Stop the Mail" "Pets Vaccinations" "P Vaccinations". Then, sort by Task Name and sub-sort by due date.

Posted 8 years ago
azclaire says:
woops! I totally frickin' lied. I thought I had done this on my iPhone: I should have checked. Ignore my entire post. (shoot me) Maybe Andrew will save me some embarrassment and delete it.

Sorry!
Posted 8 years ago
meagan.nichols says:
Any update from "Bob" on when this feature might be released. Would be insanely helpful!
Posted 8 years ago
Hi meagan.nichols,
We don't have an announcement about updates to the iPhone app currently, but stay tuned!
Posted 8 years ago
(closed account) says:
How's that 'bug squishing' going on the iOS apps? The subtasks on the iPhone would be very helpful. THX!
Posted 8 years ago
jsejcksn says:
I'd love to get access to this. I am not able to see any subtasks on iOS.
Posted 8 years ago
tony.grout says:
Still no update of iOS app making me sad.

Hope you're not waiting for both iOS and Android to be ready before you ship either.

Come on guys squash those bugs and ship one or both!
Posted 8 years ago
mathieu.hubeek says:
Any news on the IOS bug squishing??
It would be great to be using subtasks on my iphone.
Posted 8 years ago
yantje says:
I just tried using subtasks, and I am now finding out that it won't work op iPhone and iPad. For me that is useless. I hope you get this right soon
Posted 8 years ago
andsko says:
When will this function be released? It appears remember the milk is loosing more and more ground to competitors. Are the owners still trying to develop this products or is it just a cash cow these days where no investments are made to improve?

I've been using RTM for almost ten years but I'm starting to feel that the time has soon come to change to something where money is put in to the project to keep up with the competition on the market. It doesn't seems like thats the case with RTM.
Posted 8 years ago
robert.ward says:
Are you not using the Beta?
Posted 8 years ago
soop3rn8 says:
As another iOS user, I'll second what andsko said about starting to look elsewhere. I just started a new job and am in immediate need of a better functioning task/project manager with consistent functionality across all my screens. Already considering other platforms that offer a lot more features and frequent updates.
Posted 8 years ago
By way of update, we're just waiting on Apple to approve the app at this point.

If you haven't seen what we have in testing, make sure you're part of our Pro Tester Program.

Stay tuned, should be soon! :)
Posted 8 years ago
This topic has now been closed automatically due to a lack of responses in the past 90 days.