Forums

Discuss all things Remember The Milk.

menu

Different reminder times for different tasks

honey6buns says:
There are some tasks I have, like taking pills, that I would like to be reminded a few minutes before the task is due. There are other tasks, like appointments that take an hour to get to, that I would like to get the reminder an hour and 15 minutes before the task is due.

The only way to set a reminder seems to be for every task no matter what it is. There doesn't seem to be a way to set different reminder times for different tasks. Am I missing something?

Thanks
Posted at 4:01am on April 28, 2014
andrewski (Remember The Milk) says:
Hi honey6buns,
It's not currently possible to change the reminder time separate from the due time itself, sorry.

The only workaround there would be to change the due time to the time you want to be reminded instead. Hope this helps a bit!
Posted 9 years ago
honey6buns says:
Thanks andrewski,
It looks like there is a global reminder time like one minute before or an hour before, etc., but no individual, per task, reminder time, as you said.

Do you know if Remember The Milk will be upgraded to include this functionality?

The program is great, but as an example - if I have a doctor's appointment at 10:30am and need to be reminded 45 minutes before hand, I have to put the title as "doctor's appointment ten 30" and set the appointment time as, for example "Thu 31 Apr 2014 @ 9:45 AM". That way I am reminded at 9:45am and look at the title and it shows ten 30. (I have seen if I put 10:30 into the title it makes the appointment time 10:30 so I have to spell it out) This is really kind of clunky so it would be nice if there was a way to have a way to be reminded at different times depending on how long before the appointment that you need. I have seen this functionality on an apple calendar app.

Thanks for the help.

Posted 9 years ago
andrewski (Remember The Milk) says:
Hi honey6buns,
Thanks for your feedback. We don't have any announcements currently, but you can vote for this in our Ideas forum.

Thanks again!
Posted 9 years ago
This topic has now been closed automatically due to a lack of responses in the past 90 days.