Forums

Discuss all things Remember The Milk.

menu

Voice entry of reminders from widget not working in KitKat 4.4.2

jeffcarp says:
The voice entry is not working correctly on the Nexus 5 with KitKat 4.4.2. When pressing the voice entry icon from the widget the voice recognition comes up and hears me. However, the voice recognition never ends. It beeps and processes it when I am done speaking but after that it pops up the same recognition windows again. It is an endless loop. If I am quite the second time it pops up then it says "Didn't catch that. Try speaking again" with "cancel" or "try again." The cancel doesn't work either. It just reactivates the voice recognition again. Voice activation works fine in every other app.
Posted at 5:45pm on February 21, 2014
andrewski (Remember The Milk) says:
Hi jeffcarp,
We've added this to our list to investigate. Sorry for the inconvenience!

In the meantime, it would be an option to add a task by voice in the app by using the microphone button on the Android keyboard. Hope that helps a bit!
Posted 10 years ago
gwitsm says:
I'm having the same problem. This is one of they key functions that keeps me a pro rtm user. Thanks for figuring this out asap.
Posted 10 years ago
dmccall says:
I'm having the same problem. When I hit the microphone on the widget, the black Google voice recognition box comes up and it pulses when it hears my speech. The tone to signal entry sounds, and the box disappears and reappears ready for speech recognition again. No data is sent to RTM.

This is occurring on my Nexus 5 running RTM 3.0.16 for Android, Android 4.4.2.
Posted 9 years ago
Hi dmccall,
Sorry to hear you're seeing this as well. I've added your details to our list to investigate. Thanks for letting us know!
Posted 9 years ago
ctnorthshore says:
I`m on Nexus 5 too and having the same issue. The work around of using the mic on the keyboard works but just wanted to let you know... seems to be a Nexus 5 issue.
Posted 9 years ago
Hi everyone,
This should be resolved in 3.0.18, available now. Sorry again for the inconvenience!
Posted 9 years ago
bill.bane says:
I have 3.0.18 and it is still not working.
Posted 9 years ago
bill.bane says:
Whoops. Google voice search was turned off by some app, it appears. Working fine now.
Posted 9 years ago
This topic has now been closed automatically due to a lack of responses in the past 90 days.