Forums

Discuss all things Remember The Milk.

menu

My notes disappear from tasks with "repeat after" upon one completion

jimstehle says:
When I set up a task to repeat, I usually use "repeat after" because if I missed the target I still want to reset the clock when I do it and I don't want to have incomplete tasks stacking up -- for instance, if I miss days on repeat daily. I also often attach notes to the tasks to remind me exactly what I want to do. I keep finding that when I complete a task, the next time it is due, my note disappears. It freaked me out a little because I really packed some info into those notes. I was relieved to find the note in the completed instance of the task and uncompleted it. This is kind of tedious. I want the notes to persist and can't see any advantage to the current practice.
Posted at 8:21pm on December 19, 2012
andrewski (Remember The Milk) says:
Hi jimstehle,
Tasks that repeat "after" do not keep copies of the notes across instances; each time you complete a task, a new instance is generated.

You may be able to get the results you want by changing the repeat to "every"; the task will continue repeating based on the due date, but you will get your notes across the tasks as well.

Hope that helps!
Posted 11 years ago
jimstehle says:
The problem with repeat every is that if I am late I want the new date to be a fixed period later. If I miss a couple reminders I don't want them to still be be incomplete after I finally complete the task.

If this is a feature, what is the benefit eliminating the note on the repeat after?
Posted 11 years ago
andrewski (Remember The Milk) says:
Hi jimstehle,
Thanks for your feedback. I'll make sure the development team gets it for review.

In the meantime, you can vote on this idea in this topic in our Ideas forum. Thanks!
Posted 11 years ago
This topic has now been closed automatically due to a lack of responses in the past 90 days.