Forums

Discuss all things Remember The Milk.

menu

why no alternative download server?

sven.blum says:
I'm trying to download 1.0.24 - and it's coming with 6.7KB/s... What's the problem with your server? Why don't you offer an alternative?
Posted at 10:16pm on November 23, 2012
brendan says:
Hi sven.blum,
Sorry, we don't have an alternate location for downloading MilkSync at this time. If the slow speeds continue, though, can you contact us via email so that we can get some diagnostic info on your connection?

Thanks!
Posted 11 years ago
sven.blum says:
Brendan, your server is broken! Fix it or set up a second one as alternative.
Everything else is a waste of time!
Posted 11 years ago
emily (Remember The Milk) says:
Hi sven.blum,

Sorry this isn't working for you! :(

The MilkSync download (and actually our entire website) is delivered via a CDN -- so the download file is mirrored on many servers all over the world. When you go to download the file, it's then delivered to you from the closest server (which should make for the fastest download, but unfortunately it sounds like something is going wrong in this case).

As Brendan said, if the slow speeds continue, we'd be very keen to get some diagnostic info on your connection; while we're not aware of any current problems with the CDN in general, there could be a problem between your connection and the particular server you're being directed to. We'd love to get this figured out!
Posted 11 years ago
sven.blum says:
emily,

Thank you for your information! I did your requested speedtest on http://test.rtmcdn.net/ . Hope this problem is solved soon.

Keep me updated! Thank you
Posted 11 years ago
sven.blum says:
Seems like this akamai people finally worked it out. Speed is back to 2MB/s and that's the max of my connection. It wasn't you only who suffered. cisco & apple had the same cdn...
Posted 11 years ago
brendan says:
Glad to hear speeds are back to normal for you!

Please let us know if you have any more trouble.
Posted 11 years ago
This topic has now been closed automatically due to a lack of responses in the past 90 days.