Forums

Discuss all things Remember The Milk.

menu

Anyone else having problems with Firefox 17 and the RTM Add On?

gordon918 says:
I just updated to FF 17 and updated all my add ons and extensions. But the RTM add -on still won't appear in Gmail even though I'm logged in.
Posted at 10:57pm on November 20, 2012
arvinda01 says:
Yeah, I'm having the same problem with FF17.
Posted 11 years ago
rob.grayson says:
Same problem here. Hope they fix it soon.
Posted 11 years ago
brendan says:
Hi gordon918 and arvinda01,
Can you both verify that you're using a supported version of Gmail?

If you are, please contact us so we can get more info about your systems.

Thanks!
Posted 11 years ago
eric.flagel says:
Yep, same problem. I can see the RTM add-on column, but not my tasks.

I sent an email with my Gmail version which is:
"39026338"
Posted 11 years ago
gordon918 says:
Here's the version info for my Gmail:

You are currently using Gmail version "38854972".
This version is supported by Remember The Milk for Gmail.
Posted 11 years ago
arvinda01 says:
Thanks brendan.

My Gmail version is "38854972", which according to the RTM status page (https://www.rememberthemilk.com/services/gmail/addon/status/) is supported. However, the Settings | Tasks section in Gmail shows "This version is unsupported by Remember The Milk for Gmail." I am using US English.
Posted 11 years ago
luca.palli says:
Same problem yesterday on version 38854972 after updating to Firefox 17 and today on version 39026338 (not supported for now).
Posted 11 years ago
brendan says:
Thanks everybody for the reports and for sending your Gmail versions. We appreciate it.

I've added this issue to our list to investigate so that one of our engineers can take a closer look. Sorry for any inconvenience in the meantime.
Posted 11 years ago
gordon918 says:
Here's an additional datapoint: I updated Firefox to 17 in a virtual machine with no other extensions and then added the RTM extension but it still doesn't work. It's version 39026338 and says it's supported by RTM for Gmail.

I sniffed the traffic and it appears that the extension is able to retrieve the task list successfully but is unable to display it for some reason.
Posted 11 years ago
rlopes says:
Same issue. Just upgraded to FF 17. I see the tasks pane and it just shows "Loading"
Posted 11 years ago
(closed account) says:
I experienced the same problem with FF 17 this morning.
Posted 11 years ago
andrewski (Remember The Milk) says:
We've now updated the add-on, which you should be able to update in Firefox's Add-ons Manager or by downloading the updated version on our add-on page.

Let us know if you have any further problems after that! And sorry again for the inconvenience.
Posted 11 years ago
luca.palli says:
Tanks for the update, now the Gmail Add-on work again!
Posted 11 years ago
gordon918 says:
I just noticed a new issue with the add-on. It now works but doesn't allow you to change the task priority like before.
Posted 11 years ago
brendan says:
Hi gordon918,
Can you let us know what version of Gmail you're using now? If your version is listed as supported here, you may want to try reloading Gmail and/or clearing your cache to make sure the add-on is recognizing your version correctly.

Let us know what you find.
Posted 11 years ago
gordon918 says:
Never mind restarting FF seems to have fixed it.
Thanks!
Posted 11 years ago
This topic has now been closed automatically due to a lack of responses in the past 90 days.