Forums

Discuss all things Remember The Milk.

menu

Outlook categories dissappear

eloya says:
Hi RTM team,

I'm referreing to this entry, which is closed:

http://www.rememberthemilk.com/forums/milksync/13619/ . I and some of my colleagues do have the same problem with MilkSync for Outlook. We regularely loose our Outlook color categories.

I suppose MilkSync is responsible for this error because it's the only Plug-In which queries and uses categories in Outlook.

Can you please look into this issue? This is quite a severe bug for us and we did not notice this before.

Kind regards,

Nico
Posted at 8:34am on April 17, 2012
andrewski (Remember The Milk) says:
Hi Nico,
Can you contact us so we can discuss some details and solutions? Thanks!
Posted 11 years ago
(closed account) says:
this is a huge problem pls get back on issue.
Posted 11 years ago
newland.mak,
Please contact us so we can gather more information about what you're seeing and help you resolve this problem. Thanks!
Posted 11 years ago
audax81 says:
Hi RTM,

MilkSync has removed all my assigned Color Categories and replaced with the Remember the Milk tags. As said before this is a huge issue if people are using this extensively! Please fix!

audax
Posted 11 years ago
Hi audax81,
Sorry you've seen this behavior. As mentioned above, it'd be great if you could contact us so we could discuss some details and see about arriving at a solution. Thanks!
Posted 11 years ago
luka.ferlez says:
This has happend to me again, agian I have to redo my category settings for the third time
Posted 11 years ago
brendan says:
Hi luka.ferlez,
Would you be able to contact us as well so we can take a closer look with you?

Thanks!
Posted 11 years ago
kysusan says:
I have the same problem. I will contact you.
Posted 11 years ago
kysusan,
We received your message and wrote you back with some steps that may help; let us know if you don't receive our message!
Posted 11 years ago
(closed account) says:
What's the expected behavior between Outlook Categories and RTM Tags/Lists? I was surprised to not find that documented on the Features page for this App and I'd like to know what's going to happen to my Outlook Categories before I perform my first sync.
Posted 11 years ago
brendan says:
Hi myidiym,
MilkSync uses Outlook categories to map both lists and tags in Remember The Milk. Any category that begins with the # character is considered to be a tag, while any other category is considered to be a list. This is explained a bit more in the MilkSync for Outlook FAQ.

Hope this helps!
Posted 11 years ago
col.clink says:
Same here! Ran MilkSync once with Outlook on exchange online server. It removed all Categories and colors and replaced it with the purple inbox category. I've uninstalled MilkSync and I still can't change to a different category color?

This is a HUGE problem for our us. Please Post a fix.
Posted 11 years ago
brendan says:
Hi col.clink,
Would you be able to contact us via email so we can look over this with you?

Thanks!
Posted 11 years ago
jpumar says:
Brendan,
This seems like an issue a lot of us are experiencing. Any chance that a fix is available for all of us (other than troubleshooting one user at a time)?
Posted 11 years ago
brendan says:
Hi jpumar,
Sorry but we're still trying to gather as much detail as we can on this issue. For each case, there are a few different factors we need to review which is why we ask that each user contact us by email.

Please get in touch if you've run into this issue as well.
Posted 11 years ago
This topic has now been closed automatically due to a lack of responses in the past 90 days.