Forums

Discuss all things Remember The Milk.

menu

MilkSync for Outlook - selective sync

fgarcea says:
I had a look for existing posts about this but did not find any. I would like to use Outlook sync, but do not want my personal RTM tasks to be synced on Outlook (work). Is there a feature for selectively choosing what to sync with Outlook (i.e. by list or by tag)?

Thanks!
Posted at 4:47pm on January 30, 2012
brendan says:
Hi fgarcea,
Yes, you can choose to sync only some of your lists with Outlook. In the web app, click on Settings, then on the Sync tab and choose Synchronize only the lists I've specified.

Then, to choose which lists will sync, click on the Lists tab, select each list you want to sync, and use the Add link at the right to start syncing that list.

Hope that helps!
Posted 12 years ago
scmorley says:
I have a related question, where I want to set up a Work list in RTM that syncs with Outlook, where I already have a list of existing tasks. When syncing for the first time, how to I make sure the Outlook task end up in Work, or will they just head there because it's the only list enabled for Outlook Sync?

Thanks,

Simon
Posted 12 years ago
brendan says:
Hi Simon,
If you chosen to sync only some of your lists, the tasks will need to be assigned to the appropriate category in Outlook in order to sync.

In your situation, you'll need to be sure that all your work tasks are assigned to the "Work" category in Outlook so they sync to the "Work" list in Remember The Milk.

Hope that helps!
Posted 12 years ago
This topic has now been closed automatically due to a lack of responses in the past 90 days.