Forums

Discuss all things Remember The Milk.

menu

Outlook error message via MilkSync - Set as default mail client required?

sn3akyp3t3 says:
On the information page for Outlook MilkSync there is no requirement for Outlook to be the default mail client in order to function. I use Thunderbird 8 as my default mail client and Outlook 2010 whenever I need it.

MilkSync popped up with an error on first sync attempt.
Dialog:
"Either there is no default mail client or the current mail client cannot fulfill the messaging request. Please run Microsoft Outlook and set it as the default mail client."

I'll have to disable MilkSync for now and hope for the best. I refuse to accept setting Outlook as the default client as the solution. That to me is a workaround.
Posted at 3:23pm on December 2, 2011
sn3akyp3t3 says:
Shortly after posting and clicking on OK to the error message, at which time MilkSync was stuck at 25%, the sync process appeared to complete without error. I also failed to mention that I use Google Sync as well with Outlook and I do not get any similar errors like this.
Posted 12 years ago
brendan says:
Hi sn3akyp3t3,
Would you be able to contact us via email so we can take a closer look at this with you?

Thanks!
Posted 12 years ago
sn3akyp3t3 says:
Thanks, begun a dialog with email support.

I would like to add that this issue occurred again today. I've found that so far the error only occurs once a day or after reboot and after clicking on OK it doesn't return.
Posted 12 years ago
brendan says:
Hi sn3akyp3t3,
Thanks for the additional info. I saw your email in our system and I've sent a response.

Thanks!
Posted 12 years ago
This topic has now been closed automatically due to a lack of responses in the past 90 days.