Forums

Discuss all things Remember The Milk.

menu

Logging out of iPad app

vandana007 says:
Is there a way to log out of the RTM iPad app? I would like to log back in with a different login account and password.
Posted at 4:09pm on October 22, 2011
brendan says:
Hi vandana007,
The app does not currently have a logout function. However, you may be able to use the Reset function for this.

When you Reset, all your data will be erased from the app, including your username and password. You'll have the opportunity to login again and the tasks for the account you entered will be downloaded to your device.

Hope that helps!
Posted 12 years ago
(closed account) says:
This trick worked for me - though it's a real hassle now to switch between logins. I maintain separate RTM accounts for home and work tasks, and would love to be able to more easily swap between the accounts on the app. For the time being, I login my iPad to the work one, since I use it frequently in meetings, and I set my iPhone to use the Home account, as generally that's a simple shopping list or other things that don't require as much note taking.
Posted 12 years ago
brendan says:
Hi doug.cooper,
Thanks for your feedback on this! I'll make sure the development team gets this for review as well.
Posted 12 years ago
shecasx says:
+1 on the ability to logout on an iPad. This is a really important.

My wife and I both use the same iPad at home but have separate rmilk accounts. Plus, the kids don't need to see my data.
Posted 12 years ago
borcsa says:
+1
Would be nice to have this feature. Thank you in advance.
Posted 12 years ago
jay.wong says:
Yes, kids and attractive funny little cow icon with parent data is a hurdle. Looking forward to this update, thanks.
Posted 12 years ago
jay.wong says:
brendan, you're right, the reset seems to be quick and effective. Perhaps just a name change, from 'reset' to 'logout,' would make it more intuitive... anyway, i'm all set. Thanks!
Posted 12 years ago
just_dmitry says:
Is case when some people need to switch between accounts, and other need to hide their data from children - it seems more suitable to upgrade iPad app to support multiple accounts, and (with ability to deactivate) ask a password when "entering" account.
IMHO.
Posted 12 years ago
brendan says:
Hi just_dmitry,
Thanks for your feedback as well. You may also want to vote for multiple accounts and password protection in the iPad app here.
Posted 12 years ago
This topic has now been closed automatically due to a lack of responses in the past 90 days.