Forums

Discuss all things Remember The Milk.

menu

Syncing between iPad & iPhone

dlperkins says:
When I sync on one one device, it doesn't add my tasks to the other. Both are on the same account, and when I logs in, all tasks are in my account, just not on the device I was trying to get them to sync to. Am I doing something wrong, or is this the way itnis suppose to work.
Posted at 12:43pm on July 10, 2011
brendan says:
If you add a task on one of your devices, that new task will be transferred to our servers when you perform a sync on that device. When you perform a sync on the other device, the new task will then be transferred from our servers to your device. In other words, changes made on one device will not be available on the other device until both have been synced.

Hope that helps!
Posted 12 years ago
jpreis says:
I'm also having trouble synching between iPad, iPhone and web. I originally installed RTM as iPad app, then got an iPhone later and installed the app. I can't make tasks sync from iPad to iPhone. Tasks are not showing up in web version either, unless I enter them from my PC. In other words, tasks only show up on the device where I enter them. What am I doing wrong??
Thank you.
Posted 12 years ago
brendan says:
Hi jpreis,
Would you be able to contact us so we can get some additional details on this?

Thanks!
Posted 12 years ago
edgturner says:
Hi I have recently started using the iPad/iPhone versions of RTM and whilst they are both syncing OK, the web version has not updated properly. On the web version none of my new tasks are shown, but when I click on /overview (top right) some of the new tasks appear and from there click /weekly planner, all of the new tasks are shown (but you can't open them from the planner).
weird!
Posted 12 years ago
andrewski (Remember The Milk) says:
Hi edgturner,
It sounds like you may be experiencing an issue with the web app; would it be possible to contact us to discuss some steps to correct this?
Posted 12 years ago
smp777 says:
Hi there

I am currently using the RTM app on my iPad and the web version on my PC. My iPad lets me sync once every 24 hrs., however there is no syncing option on the web version. Thus, anything I add to the iPad seems to be missing from my web version. Any way to resolve this?
Posted 12 years ago
andrewski (Remember The Milk) says:
smp777,
The web version is automatically up to date; there's no need to synchronize it.

With a free account, the iPad app is limited to one sync every 24 hours; the Pro version features smart auto-syncing that immediately pushes changes to the web app and receives changes from it.

Hope this helps!
Posted 12 years ago
zhangwenying says:
Yes, I have the same question with jpreis.
Posted 12 years ago
brendan says:
Hi zhangwenying,
Would you be able to contact us as well so we can take a closer look?

Thanks!
Posted 12 years ago
This topic has now been closed automatically due to a lack of responses in the past 90 days.