Forums

Discuss all things Remember The Milk.

menu

Emailing tasks to inbox is not working

ramzidarghouth says:
This system is brilliant and has been such a useful way for me multitask at work.

However, I've been trying to email tasks to my RTM for days now. None have worked so far!

I've been emailing task names in the subject line, with nothing at all in the message body and i've deleted my signature (and tried writing -end- as well, and sent them to my RTM inbox address.

Why are they not appearing in my inbox?

Posted at 12:36pm on May 31, 2011
brendan says:
Tasks that are emailed to your Inbox Email Address are added to your default list. You may want to search for the emailed tasks to see if they're inadvertently being added to a list other than your Inbox.

If you're not able to find them, would you be able to contact us so we can get some additional details on the tasks themselves?

Thanks!
Posted 12 years ago
md7899 says:
Hi, the same thing happened to me...... you need to email the task to the RTM *import* email address which is different from the basic RTM email address.

Hope this helps.
Posted 12 years ago
brendan says:
md7899,
Correct, there are 2 different email addresses for each account: an "Inbox Email Address" which is used for importing 1 task at a time, and an "Import Email Address" which is used to import multiple tasks in a single email.

You can find more information about the differences here.

However, in ramzidarghouth's original message he mentioned that he was entering the task name in the email subject line, which would be correct for the Inbox Email Address. Using the Import Email Address, the subject line should contain the name of the list you are importing to.

Hope that helps!
Posted 12 years ago
This topic has now been closed automatically due to a lack of responses in the past 90 days.