Forums

Discuss all things Remember The Milk.

menu

Task list sort order

johnnyrow says:
I don't know how the task list is sorted, or see how to change it. On the PC version, I can sort it various ways, such as by priority, but dovn't see any such option on iPad.
Posted at 12:45pm on May 18, 2011
brendan says:
You are able to change the sort order for a list on the iPad by tapping on Lists, then on the list name. Then tap Edit at the top of the screen and select the list you want to edit. You will then be able to select the Sort Order.

The sort options are the same as in the web app: Priority, Due Date and Task Name.

Hope that helps!
Posted 12 years ago
johnnyrow says:
Found it. Thanks. Turns out it already was by priority like I wanted, but didn't realize it without the color bar on PC version. That would be nice to have, but I shouldn't be too picky on free app.
Posted 12 years ago
aajax2 says:
"You will then be able to select the Sort Order."

Oh? How?
Posted 12 years ago
brendan says:
aajax2,
Once you've reached the Edit List box, you will see 3 fields: the name of the list, Sort Order, and Delete List. Tap on Sort Order to change the sorting of the list.

Hope that helps!
Posted 12 years ago
caiken says:
... but, it seems as if you can NOT change the sort order of the "All Tasks" list ... strange.
Posted 12 years ago
brendan says:
caiken,
That's correct. Currently, it's not possible to edit the properties of the "All Tasks" list. Sorry for any inconvenience.

However, you are able to make an alternative "All Tasks" lists which may be edited. You can do this in the web app by clicking on the search box and pressing Enter. (A blank search will show all your tasks.) You can then save this as a Smart List.

Hope that helps!
Posted 12 years ago
This topic has now been closed automatically due to a lack of responses in the past 90 days.