Forums

Discuss all things Remember The Milk.

menu

crashes. unable even to launch it :(

ag.uanic says:
it's endless cycle:
I start the application, it asks me for login and password.
I input login and pass, hit "Done" and then app crashes.

Posted at 8:37am on May 6, 2011
emily (Remember The Milk) says:
Hi ag.uanic,

Sorry to hear that you're experiencing problems!

I'd recommend removing the app, restarting your iPad, and then reinstalling the app:

1) Touch and hold the app icon on the Home screen until the icons start to wiggle.
2) Tap the "x" in the corner of the RTM app.
3) Tap Delete to remove the app and all of its data from your device.
4) Press the Home button to save your arrangement.
5) Power your iPad off and then back on again.
6) Install the app again as usual.

If that doesn't solve things, we'd love to hear from you so that we can investigate further -- please contact us.

Thanks!
Posted 12 years ago
ag.uanic says:
it didn't help. Contacted your suppport.
Posted 12 years ago
brendan says:
ag.uanic,
Thanks for submitting the issue report. Your report has been received in our system and we'll be in touch by email as soon as possible.
Posted 12 years ago
chg2winter says:
Looks great on my iPad 2, but the wifes iPad is having the same issue as above. I'll have her log a case.

Dan
Posted 12 years ago
andrewski (Remember The Milk) says:
Thanks Dan; we'll keep an eye out for your wife's issue report.
Posted 12 years ago
rememberthelord says:
Yup having the same issues on iPad 1. It tries to validate login information and just crashes and goes back to homepage after it. I am REALLY keen to start using it. :D A very good reason to go pro.
Posted 12 years ago
itsthetaste says:
I've got the same problem. Using IOS 3.2.
Posted 12 years ago
ghovnanian says:
Same problem as ag.uanic. Sent a report. (iPad 1 Wifi-only)
Posted 12 years ago
brendan says:
rememberthelord,
Would you be able to submit an issue report here as well so we can get some additional details?

itsthetaste and ghovnanian,
We've received the reports from both of you and we'll be in touch by email as soon as possible.

Thanks!
Posted 12 years ago
We've tracked down the crashing issue, and are currently in the process of submitting a new version to Apple that fixes this.

In the meantime, if you've experienced problems using the app with an older version of iOS, we'd recommend updating to the latest version if you can -- using the latest iOS should resolved the issue.
Posted 12 years ago
Our updated app (version 2.0.1) is available now; if you were experiencing crashing issues on 2.0.0, please update and let us know if you experience any problems.
Posted 12 years ago
kmoss11 says:
hi rtm pros,

i'm having the same problem as ag.uanic on my ipad 1. just downloaded the latest iOS and the latest iteration of RTM and it's still crashing, after staying open for an average of 3 seconds :(

is there anything else you can suggest?

thanks,
kerry
Posted 12 years ago
aylons says:
I don't know if it is related but adding info won't hurt: I have same problem using an iPod Touch 2G. First, with a 4.0.2 firmware, but I have just updated to 4.2 and still have the same issue. I already filled a bug report and has tried both restarting the iPod and reinstalling the system.
Posted 12 years ago
aylons says:
*reinstalling the app, of course.
Posted 12 years ago
aylons says:
More: the problem is somehow related to my account (my account data, i guess): when I change the account for one I set up for testing, the app doesn't crash. I added some data to the account to test it further, created a list, some tags, some tasks, and RTM still work.

However, I didn't stressed it further with lots of tasks or lists.
Posted 12 years ago
andrewski (Remember The Milk) says:
Hi aylons,
I see you also submitted an issue report; we'll be in touch as soon as we can!
Posted 12 years ago
This topic has now been closed automatically due to a lack of responses in the past 90 days.