Forums

Discuss all things Remember The Milk.

menu

Complete task from list view

alex.elderfield says:
Could we please have the ability to complete a task from the list view without going into the details of the task. Either by swiping across the task or clicking on the priority dot.
Posted at 12:40pm on May 5, 2011
alex.elderfield says:
Fiddle (and thanks), I've just seen that you can enable this and even more by clicking into the edit mode.
Posted 12 years ago
emily (Remember The Milk) says:
Hi Alex,

There's a swipe feature in the list view, but it's a little bit hidden. :)

You can tap tasks with two fingers to quickly complete or postpone in the task list: pull down to reveal the Complete button, pull up to reveal the Postpone button.

(The reason it's a two finger swipe, unlike the iPhone app, is that the swiping gesture is already being used to navigate between the cards in the interface.)

Hope this helps!
Posted 12 years ago
emily (Remember The Milk) says:
Ah, yes, that's the other method. :)

If anyone's looking, there's actually three ways in total to complete tasks:

1) The two finger swipe I mentioned above.

2) Tapping on a task in the task list, then tapping the Complete icon in the top right of the task details card.

3) Tapping the Edit button in the task list, then selecting the task(s) you wish to complete, then tapping the Complete button.
Posted 12 years ago
steve909 says:
love the app!
couple small suggestions...

would be nice to have the "App Badge" show overdue tasks or maybe more flexible would be a specific list - including search lists (one of which could be "overdue").

also - the ability for the "default list" to be a search list

thanks,
steve
Posted 12 years ago
andrewski (Remember The Milk) says:
Hi Steve,
Thanks for your feedback!
Posted 12 years ago
dunkoh says:
I wonder if the two finger swipe would be easier if it was swipe left for postpone, or right for complete.

is a little tricky getting the two options to come into view (left/right movement is an easier muscle movement than up/down)

You might consider a overlay splash screen the first time user opens the ipad app with these quick tips

Thanks for the ipad version - been waiting patiently!
Posted 12 years ago
brendan says:
dunkoh,
Thanks for your feedback on this feature!
Posted 12 years ago
ranbarton Power Poster says:
If we could drive the app badge counter from the contents of a smart list, that would be a little slice of heaven.
Posted 12 years ago
brendan says:
ranbarton,
Thanks for your feedback on this as well!
Posted 12 years ago
sagv says:
Hmm... Dunkoh is right, i think swiping right/left for postponing/completing tasks will be much useful.
Look on Reeder App for iPad, their way for starring articles is beautiful! You don't even need to choose article you just need to swipe on it! Just one action!

And one more thing:
There is no need in "edit" button when you choose tasks. Just let us tap on date when we want to change it, or tap on name when we want to change name. So does lists, priorities etc.
Posted 12 years ago
sagv says:
P. S. I love this app anyway!
Posted 12 years ago
brendan says:
sagv,
Thanks for your feedback also. Glad you're liking the app.
Posted 12 years ago
This topic has now been closed automatically due to a lack of responses in the past 90 days.