Forums

Discuss all things Remember The Milk.

menu

tasks with text in them

craigawilson says:
i am currently testing the milksync program. love the idea hope its going to work for me.

i have one question tho. I tend to write notes in the text field for tasks in outlook. milksync does not seem to sync these items.

is this a bug or just not supported?
Posted at 10:49am on November 1, 2010
emily (Remember The Milk) says:
Hi craigawilson,

I apologise for the delay in responding -- can I clarify if you're referring to the description field for tasks in Microsoft Outlook?

If so, this bit from our FAQ may help (if you were looking for another feature, or it's not working as described, please let me know).

How are notes for tasks handled by MilkSync?

Remember The Milk supports an unlimited number of notes per task, while Microsoft Outlook supports only one note. To handle this difference, MilkSync will place multiple notes from Remember The Milk into one note field in Microsoft Outlook, but separate the notes with a special syntax (so they can be synchronized back to Remember The Milk as multiple notes). Each note will look like:

[note #abc123]
This is a note.
[end note]

If your task already has notes synchronized from Remember The Milk, you can add a new note by entering text before or after the existing notes (anything outside of the square brackets will be handled as a new note). You can add multiple new notes by separating them with three hyphens on a line ("---"):

This is the first note.
---
This is the second note.
Posted 13 years ago
This topic has now been closed automatically due to a lack of responses in the past 90 days.