Forums

Discuss all things Remember The Milk.

menu

Shortcuts (bookmark lists) on the home screen

chicagojosh says:
I'd love to be able to place bookmarks of lists on the desktop. It would make accessing often used lists quicker and easier, along with being an additional reminder for ad-hoc lists.
Posted at 4:27pm on October 7, 2009
Launched
emily (Remember The Milk) says:
This is now available with our Badge widget in version 2.0.0. :)

Please see our blog post: The ginormous Remember The Milk for Android update
Posted 12 years ago
(closed account) says:
Have you tried using AnyCut if there's anything you can access from the outside?
Posted 14 years ago
freality says:
I've tried with AnyCut, RTM doesn't expose an intent, other than its Main intent.

Josh's request is excellent. It's something I'd appreciate very much.
Posted 14 years ago
andrewski (Remember The Milk) says:
While only published lists have permalinks in the interface, it is possible to link directly to unpublished lists and Smart Lists too (but you'd need to construct the URL yourself). You could then use those URLs in bookmarks.

The format for URLs is: http://www.rememberthemilk.com/home/username/listid/

You can find the list ID by looking at the print, iCalendar, or Atom feed links (which all follow the /username/listid/ pattern too).

Hope this helps!
Posted 14 years ago
austinkirk says:
@andrewski --- will that bring up the RTM android program, or is that going to open the list in the browser? I think that chicagojosh was talking about having an option to insert a home-screen shortcut which takes you directly to a specific list.

Which would be a GREAT feature, since it is really difficult to navigate to specific Smart Lists, since they come after your fixed lists. To switch between smart lists that are used constantly throughout the day, you have to hit too many buttons (menu - views - lists - scroll to the list) It would be great to have homescreen icons next to the widget to take you to specific lists.
Posted 14 years ago
benb says:
You can sort of do this with the new widget customisation, but it will use a lot of screen real estate.

Add the 2x2 widget multiple times, and select the list you want (you can choose a smart list). Then you can click on the widget to go to that list. You would be able to fit in 4 on one screen.

How about a 1x1 widget for this in a future release?
Posted 14 years ago
andrewski (Remember The Milk) says:
austinkirk: You're right, I misunderstood the request; my comment was regarding the website.
Posted 14 years ago
austinkirk says:
Yeah, I have several 2x2 widgets already, but it would be nice to be able to put a lot more on a page.
Posted 14 years ago
annoerr says:
+2 This is a good idea!
Posted 12 years ago
justlikegeorge says:
+2 this would be really useful
Posted 12 years ago
You cannot comment on this idea as it is locked.