Forums

Discuss all things Remember The Milk.

menu

When selecting tags, show as an indexed list (i.e. an alphabet allows you to jump to tags starting with each letter)

(closed account) says:
I like the tags in RTM. The more, the better: they give my listed items context. That why I have a looooong list of tags and it gets longer by the day.

Adding one or more tags to a new task is easy in the webbased version of RTM. Making my choice from my long list is no problem in the webbased version of RTM. I just type the first letter(s) of the tag to get a shortlist to choose from.

In the iPhoneApp of RTM the long list of tags is a problem, though. To select one of more tags to add to a task I have to scroll. And scroll. And scroll. And.....

Hence my feature request: Add an Alphabet to the list of tags. You know how it works, since it is a standard feature in many Apps. I.e. the Contacts App of the iPhone: you can choose a contact out of the long list by jumping to a letter in the Alphabet-list at the right side of the screen.

This is the kind of Alpabet I would like to see as a column in the right side of the screen when I'm choosing form my list of tags. While you are at it: consider to add an alphabet to the list of locations too. Just to be consistent in the interface.

This feature would make the iPhoneApp RTM better: it makes adding Tasks (with tags and/or locations) easier.

Posted at 7:10pm on September 7, 2009
action.manager says:
Ah, you want an indexed list in a regular style table view instead of a simple list (in Apple terminology;-).

Nice feature request!

I have been restraining myself to not use more tags than fit on such a simple list on the iPhone without scrolling...
Posted 14 years ago
tim.adler says:
Do you guys know the way that tags are approached in the "Tags"-application (iPhone-app for delicious). Those guys have really nailed it. Perhaps something you can "adapt"? :-)
Posted 14 years ago
(closed account) says:
@action.manager, @tim.adler

Uuh... yes ... that's what I want ;)
Posted 14 years ago