Forums

Discuss all things Remember The Milk.

menu

New search operator: isTagged

aloys says:
It would help organise lists better if we could also search on tasks that do not have certain tags; Just like the option "Doesn't have" for words in tasks.

It could be embedded in the "tagged with" box by allowing a "-" of a tag, just like search options in Google etc.
Posted at 7:10am on April 5, 2006
Launched
emily (Remember The Milk) says:
'isTagged' is now available. :)
Posted 18 years ago
dodi says:
Search for:
NOT tag:xxx
Posted 18 years ago
aloys says:
Dodi,

Thanks, that brings me a step further.

I didn't succeed to exclude multiple tags. Say, I would like to make a smart list for everything I do in the office (which is the majority of my tasks and therefore don't like to add "office" all the time), I can make a list that excludes all the tasks tagged "home", (on the) "Road", "shop".

If it can be done with some operator in the smiple search box, I'm happy. If not, I still would love to see this function in the search options area.
Posted 18 years ago
dodi says:
(NOT tag:home) AND (NOT tag:road) AND (NOT tag:shop)

Why don't you put all your office-tasks in a tasklist called Office?
Then you could search for list:office or just use the Office-Tasklist :)
Posted 18 years ago
ranbarton Power Poster says:
I shied away from tags that were nearly ubiquitous for a while, but now that RTM has the multiple feature, the barrier to entry is a lot lower, and it's easy to add a tag to things as they get entered.
Posted 18 years ago
aloys says:
Dodi,

Search Guru! Thanks!

The reason I don't have an office list, is because I have a few core lists and the rest are smart lists. I have actions, waiting (for others to do something), maybe ( I will do this someday) and projects (that serves to remind me of the bigger picture around my actions.

An office task could involve calling someone. That task will be tagged both "office" and "call". With two smart lists I can do all "office" actions at the office (including the calls), but I can also see those actions in the smart list "Calls" for when I am away from my office (e.g. in my car) with time on my hands to make the calls.

I know this still works woth a dedicated "office" list, but it shows the kind off flexibility I am looking for, that only tagging (and, in this case, the lack therof) can provide me.

Thanks for helping me out. I'll also read the help section better next time :-)
Posted 18 years ago
You cannot comment on this idea as it is locked.