Forums

Discuss all things Remember The Milk.

menu

Export Smart List to Excel

samycchn says:
After I created a Monthly Status Smart List, I found the list is too long to summarize. However, there is no way to export the Smart List. I can only Print it. Please consider to add export function to Smart list. Export to text, CSV or Excel are needed. Thank you.
Posted at 6:52am on June 26, 2009
ranbarton Power Poster says:
Create the list to print, save as HTML, open in Excel, and you'd be in pretty good shape. That's what I do.
Posted 14 years ago
samycchn says:
oh, thx!
Posted 14 years ago
koetjeboeh says:
Still would be nice include notes etc.
Posted 14 years ago
soloviov says:
Export would be handy anyway. Especially for those using RTM not only for ToDo lists, but any lists.
Posted 14 years ago
takashi.unno says:
I can print list or export CSV.
Posted 12 years ago
alejandropolit1370 says:
Go PREFERENCES - INFORMATION and copy Servicio iCalendar Events (Todas las Listas).
Go GOOGLE CALENDAR - CALENDAR (LOW LEFT) - and select add URL and paste -
In the calendar te task are viewed.
GO TO http://www.gtimereport.com/ and generate report to excell
Posted 11 years ago
(closed account) says:
It should exist a native way to export task lists to Excel.
Posted 11 years ago
the_stevee says:
that would be really helpful to integrate in our team reportings.
Posted 10 years ago
stevep771 says:
The work-around mentioned above does work. Go to one of your lists or do an advanced search. At the right side of screen, in the box you have an option to print. This creates a printer friendly version of the page. Now right-click on the page and choose 'save.' In save dialog box, choose 'single page htm.' This creates an htm file that you can open in excel.

Once in Excel, i made a spreadsheet that you can paste your data into and it will parse the data so you can save it as csv. If anyone is interested, i can make the sheet available. I know it's not ideal. Is a multi-step process. But if you're desparate, it works.
Posted 10 years ago
emma_turner says:
I'd really like this feature - I have a fortnightly meeting where we report on what we have completed and in line for the following two weeks. I can print the lists but it doesn't give any details like time taken etc so we can track back and see how much time in total we spent on a project and whether it was more or less etc.

Posted 8 years ago
tscherf says:
Would love to see a native export function as well. It's definitely useful for reporting tasks.
Posted 8 years ago
sschorer says:
I just exported my list in an easier way: simply print the list to a PDF. I then was able to see the list in WORD. Also, my PDF program can extract text. I extracted the text and was able to view the text file in WORD. Both the first and second methods yielded files that were editable.
Posted 6 years ago
kngrmd1 says:
option to export import tasks easily via csv or excel,with all info like notes, tags,notes, duedates, repeating scenario are essential please

may be smartsearch etc., does not have to be exported/imported.
Posted 5 years ago
jimborooney says:
I second this - would be very convenient to export to something like excel. .ics file is a bit obscure.
Posted 5 years ago
axelbli says:
Yes, please add the export items in lists and smartlists to csv with all fields (project name, task names [concatenated string containing the full path to the subtask (i.e. names of parent tasks)], notes, date fields, estimated time, priorities, ..)!

It would make life so much easier to further analyse work-load and completed tasks.

Thanks a lot for considering!
Posted 4 years ago
prasi00 says:
Let's have the option to export in excel! As a task management software this is a must!
Posted 3 years ago
juancamilobarrero says:
Totally agree!
How do we include this in the priority request list? Many PROS here wanting this working.

The workarounds work, but this is a productivity tool. I shouldn´t have to waste time SAVING AS... OPENING IN EXCEL, COPYING, PASTING...

This should be as simple as clicking on a button and choosing export to... CSV, TXT, XLS, CLIPBOARD.

I use a smartlist to control my follow ups with my team. Every time I want to follow up on stuff I have to go through this annoying process...
Posted 2 years ago
allie.ellie.wade says:
I'd love to be able to export in a standard spreadsheet format, especially since not all of the workarounds above even work any more. (At least for me, clicking the print button no longer creates an HTML page but instead takes me to the browser's print options, from which I can create a PDF, which is less useful in this case.)

My instinct is that something might be doable with RTM-CLI, or failing that someone might be able to make a tool with the RTM API, but having something directly in the app would be wonderful.
Posted 2 years ago
allie.ellie.wade says:
In fact, it appears that something *has* been done with RTM-CLI. https://github.com/dwaring87/rtm-plugin-export That'll teach me.
Posted 2 years ago
evanhahn says:
If you're a pro user, I just published a CSV exporter which may be useful.
Posted 11 weeks ago