Forums

Discuss all things Remember The Milk.

menu

Push Notifications on OS 3.0

(closed account) says:
With 3.0 coming out next week, is there any update on whether RTM will support push notification? I'm dying to get badge updates when I add/complete tasks online or as soon as new task(s) are due.
Posted at 5:07pm on June 13, 2009
Launched
emily (Remember The Milk) says:
The Push Notification service is now supported in app version 1.1.0; please see our blog post.
Posted 14 years ago
As I'm sure many folks are aware, Apple's NDA prevents iPhone developers from discussing unreleased Apple software, which unfortunately makes it difficult to respond to questions such as these. :)

This is my previous response to a similar question:

"As I mentioned in a previous topic, we're checking out iPhone 3.0 -- if there are specific features that are available in 3.0 that folks would like to see in the RTM app, we'd love to hear your feedback. :)

Until 3.0 is released (it's still beta currently) and our app is ready, I can't say that particular functionality will "definitely" be available, but can confirm we're definitely looking at what's possible in 3.0."

Hope this helps!
Posted 14 years ago
ranbarton Power Poster says:
It's not a 3.0 feature, but I'd love to be able to assign a smartlist to one of the buttons at the bottom. Really, really love to do that, please and thank you.
Posted 14 years ago
danrspen says:
At least I know why I can't find any news on which apps are gonna support push notification now.

I've been waiting to see if RTM will support push notification for over a month now before I upgrade to a pro account.
Posted 14 years ago
(closed account) says:
Emily - thanks for the response and I understand the position you are put in. 3.0 is now merely a day away so I guess I'll come back in 24-hours and re-pose my question! :)

Many thanks for a great app and I look forward to what 3.0 will bring.
Posted 14 years ago
(closed account) says:
So, now that 3.0 has dropped and we've seen that there is a critical RTM service update that has been pushed out to deal with "swipe to complete," is there any chance that we can further discuss the topic of push notification now that the NDA has lifted?

Personally, push notification just seems natural to me, as it's one step further in the option of notifications available to RTM users already (ie: text and email). Push notification would make the RTM application a fully functional iPhone App, and fully integrate it into the iPhone workflow. Just my $0.02...

As someone who relies on RTM as the backbone of their workflow, I must admit that RTM is one of the few iPhone App's i'm even interested in having push notifications for, as it would greatly extend the applications core functionality.

Should you need anyone to beta an early build, I'd be more than happy to lend a hand.
Posted 14 years ago
(closed account) says:
I see no point in favoring the iPhone app over the iPhone version of the RTM web interface when I cannot be sure that the app is always up to date, but the web version is. Push notifications are a must.
Posted 14 years ago
benrimi says:
I would also love to see push notifications in the RTM iphone app, and that's the feature that will definitely make me upgrade to a pro account. Automatic badge updates, and reminders as PNS pop-ups – pure bliss.
Posted 14 years ago
(closed account) says:
I'd also like to vote for automatic badge updates. I love the iPhone app, but right now, I had to make it a habit to open the app each morning to check on the number of pending tasks, as opposed to being able to look at the badge right away.
Posted 14 years ago
bunchbob says:
PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE.... This would be some helpful. Info should come to the end user, not the end user looking for it. This would take this app to the next level
Posted 14 years ago
wojo says:
Looks like we have push for notifications, but not badges :(
Posted 14 years ago
Now that Push Notifications are available, I'm closing this topic -- please feel free to post in the new topic.

Thanks! :)
Posted 14 years ago
You cannot comment on this idea as it is locked.