Forums

Discuss all things Remember The Milk.

menu

Smart Lists as categories on MilkSync (Windows Mobile)

ziphyre says:
Hi,

I wonder why Smart Lists aren't synchronized as categories with MilkSync? Or does It?

When synchronizing with MilkSync, it can assign Smart List names to tasks as categories since tasks on Windows Mobile support multiple categories?
Posted at 11:59am on October 9, 2008
(closed account) says:
Ditto - just hopped on the forum to check to see if there was a way to do this. Would like to have my "next" and "pending" smart lists show up on my PPC phone as categories.
Posted 15 years ago
krissy says:
Thanks for the suggestion ziphyre :)
Posted 15 years ago
anthony.coletti says:
Yes! I think syncing tags would be essential. Since smart lists are based on tags, then syncing tags would make it possible to make lists based on multiple criteria. And then tasks might be viewed on different lists. I'm trying to use the GTD method in Outlook and it uses tags like @Computer and @Home. This makes an excellent smart list in Outlook and Outlook Mobile. But since MilkSync ignores my Outlook tags, it does not let me do things like have a tags for projects and tags for location or tags for generic situations like my @Errands tags that sync between Windows Mobile/Outlook and RTM.
Posted 14 years ago