Forums

Discuss all things Remember The Milk.

menu

Option to include tasks due tomorrow in the reminder email

(closed account) says:
I think Remember the Milk should give me a heads up about what's due the next day. I know I can receive reminders for each task XX hours/days/minutes before, but my tasks do not have specific times that they are due.

What I'm proposing is allowing the daily reminder email to be customized to show me tasks that I have due tomorrow, and even tasks that are just sitting on the back-burner with no due date.
Posted at 3:24pm on January 10, 2008
ranbarton Power Poster says:
Over time we have heard suggestions and requests for all sorts of improvements to the reminders email. I think that including overdue items and upcoming items have been suggested, as well, as perhaps only including tasks on a certain list or smart list. Also, we've had the suggestion to email the whole weekly planner once a week, too. One could combine that with various web-> PDF tools and with Gcal to create very personal agendas emailed as attachments.

I mention all this to say that I think the reminder function (per item or per list customization) and the associated email all could stand to be improved and refined in ways that would really help people use RTM in their daily life.

[Another related suggestion is the ability to email a whole list out of RTM.]

Just trying to condense some good ideas in the hopes that Bob might see it and get inspired.
Posted 16 years ago
emily (Remember The Milk) says:
We've now improved this with the new Remember The Milk.

You can change your settings for the Daily Digest to include tasks due tomorrow (as well as tasks due in the upcoming 7 days).

To change your setting, click on the cog icon in the top right, then click "Account settings", then "Daily Digest", and change your preferences there.

Hope this helps! :)
Posted 7 years ago
(closed account) says:
Perhaps this idea could be marked as Launched?
Posted 2 years ago