Forums

Discuss all things Remember The Milk.

menu

Netvibes module - ability to filter multiple lists (instead of just one)

baris.gul says:
Hello - I had 2 suggestions/ideas (one which may have been suggested and the other which I did not see on a search)

1) As the subject implies, it would be cool to be able to have checkboxes to show/unshow a number of lists instead of having the option of showing all lists or just a single one. For example, show Work and Home lists but not Movies and Books.

2) Have the ability to turn off the showing of due dates. There are some lists (e.g. Groceries, Books to Read) which have no due dates. This may save some screen real estate (and make sense for some types of lists).

Baris

p.s. I love RTM - you simplify my life. Thank you.

Posted at 4:23am on October 23, 2007
(closed account) says:
great idea-while RTM touts the idea of unlimited lists, Screen Space is limited.
Maybe a scroll feature could be implemented, or a Pages feature a la NetVibes. you can click on Page 2 and get another list of tabs. as it is, if you have 40 lists, you get a messy forest of tabs, whereas you might only want to look at one ot two lists.
Posted 16 years ago
(closed account) says:
A workaround-you can go to the Settings tab and use the Archive feature to hide/show lists but its not very intuitive:-(
Posted 16 years ago
baris.gul says:
Thanks for the replies Carib - I did not see the Archive feature you're referring to though...I'm going with having 3 or 4 modules running on the same page at this point to get different lists/tags/categories on the same page.
Posted 16 years ago
(closed account) says:
Its there-go to Settings, then click on the Lists tab
There is a big archive button. and a more actions drop down list. beside it.You can archive, un-archive or delete a list. archiving the list removes it from the list of tabs shown in the tasks view.
another option-the ability to click on a list and close it the way you can with a search
Posted 16 years ago
(closed account) says:
I am as well interested in a feature that would allow the netvibes module to easily display only some of the lists.
Maybe a combobox with the lists' list between the "add task" link and the "refresh" link ?
Chosing a list could immediately refresh the tasks pane with the tasks corresponding to the chosen list. It would be much quicker than to go in the settings panel.

I thought of other way to implement this feature, but this one seems to be the most usable for me.

cheers
Posted 16 years ago
ranbarton Power Poster says:
Assuming the Netvibes module can display a SmartList, you could create a SmartList that was built up from the lists you desired and then simply point Netvibes at that one list.
Posted 16 years ago