Forums

Discuss all things Remember The Milk.

menu

Default templates and named templates

palmerch1 says:
Hello all,

It would be great to not only being able to define which fields every new RTM task should get (which is possible now),
but also being able to create complete tasks which you can then use as a template, with notes and subtasks.
One which you can you point to as being the default template for all new tasks, and others as "named" templates, which you can choose from.

Default template for all new tasks:
In my workflow, I always create 2 notes for each task(general info + history), and have to type the "general info" and "history" each time on the first line of these 2 notes.

Named templates:
I think everyone has these task which they create now and then, and which always have the same subtasks/notes. But people need to create them from scratch each time.
For me as a sysadmin there are a lot of these standard tasks which consist of the same number of fixed subtasks.
Via a named templates feature you could then create instances of these templates.

Best regards,
Christof.
Posted at 12:58pm on October 17, 2021
(closed account) says:
Yes, indeed! Both are excellent suggestions.

I've been working around the 2nd one by having templates that I have setup as I want, then duplicate. I then edit the duplicate to include the correct list, dates, etc.

It would be great to have this functionality built-in rather than having to use this workaround.
Posted 2 years ago