Forums

Discuss all things Remember The Milk.

menu

Set rules for reminders (e.g., send to phone if priority 3, send to email if priority 2, etc)

dmrosenthal says:
You should be able to set rules for reminders -- if priority 3, send to my cell phone 30 minutes before. if priority 2, send to my email 2 hours before. if priority 1, don't remind.

also, you should be able to set special reminder details for specific tasks.
Posted at 11:45pm on June 16, 2007
(closed account) says:
definitely agree with the second point here
Posted 16 years ago
ranbarton Power Poster says:
More configurable reminders is a long standing request, and for good reason. It would be very handy to be able to have some items remind you in more imperative ways than others.
Posted 16 years ago
inocima says:
I loved RTM over checkpad for the google integration, but I really miss the configurable reminders... I checked the forums and this request seems to be around for quite a while, and this really makes a difference for ppl with so many tasks (and who doesn`t these days).

Ideally the reminders would be settable by priority, lists and by tasks (though I`d be happy with any of them!)
Posted 16 years ago
laura.james says:
i'd like just to be able to select IM or email for different classes of remidner. if there's a due time I want IM beforehand, but for tasks with only a date an email at start of day would be better. I don't want to have to select reminder type per task if possible, because I like task entry to be very quick.
Posted 16 years ago
sujeetb says:
Don't know if this is a "different idea" for this thread, but I would like the Priority of the task to drive a couple of things:

# The sound / notification
# The messaging / notification - the subject of this thread, as I understand it
Posted 12 years ago
wheretheskygrows says:
I agree with sujeetb! A different sound would at the very least help to determine if I am missing something super important, like a doctor's appointment - versus something less important, like pick up dry cleaning.
Posted 12 years ago
jeff.hadley says:
Definitely. The first step (for expediency sake given development concerns) would be to have an option to have reminders occur ONLY with tasks that have any priority assigned.
Posted 12 years ago