Forums

Discuss all things Remember The Milk.

menu

Having a completion bar on tasks that have an 'estimate'

ornorm says:
Possibility to add the time spent on a task that would then be removed from the estimate time added when the task was created. Then, on the task line, we would be able to see with a graph bar for example, the remaining time of the task or to see the completion percentage of the task.
Posted at 6:01pm on November 29, 2016
onerror says:
I would rather see such a bar for subtasks, when you have several subtasks, and some of them are completed. Estimate time is always too vague. You can set it to 4 hours, and then your task takes 9. So, in cases like that such a bar would be nonsensical.
Posted 7 years ago
ornorm says:
Might be a good idea as well (-> on subtasks). The total could then be automatically visible on the parent task and/or on the list containing those tasks.
In addition to that, I could agree with you about the fact an estimate might be vague but :
1) the estimate can be updated by the user if necessary
2) even if the user doesn't update the estimate, it could be interesting to see the effective time spent on a task vs the estimated time (in such case, the bar would surpass (in red for example) the standard bar of the estimate.
Posted 7 years ago
(closed account) says:
Doing this would require RTM integrate a timer function, I would guess. As someone who doesn't use the estimate field, this would be of little value to me, but I guess I can see how it could be useful for those who use estimates.
Posted 2 years ago