Forums

Discuss all things Remember The Milk.

menu

Fix Sort by Drag and Drop

onerror says:
Drag and drop sort is very helpful, however, this is (on par with subtasks) one of very helpful features that are almost unsable in reality in terms of the interface. The problem is that when I "drop" something it constantly "drops" as a subtask of another task rather than change the sort. After several days of struggling with all this make subtask - undo - try another time... I just gave up. Could you fix this feature to make it more comfortable to use somehow?
Posted at 7:09am on November 2, 2016
andrewski (Remember The Milk) says:
Hi onerror,
You may want to make sure you've sorted your view by drag and drop at the top to make sure the tasks will move the way you expect. The sort changes for each view so it may not be set where you're trying to drag and drop.

When it is sorted by drag and drop, dragging a task will "open up" a spot for dropping a task so you have a place to aim for instead of dropping it on another task. The "open" spot is the same size as a task. You may want to move the task up or down a bit to get the "open" spot to shift to where you want to drop the task.

Hope this helps, but keep us posted on what you find!
Posted 7 years ago
onerror says:
true, I know all that. however, the task before dropping often "overlaps" surprisingly with another task even if it isn't just above it. So, I drag a task, I see a slot, I see that the new neighbor tasks are not yellow, I drop the task, but a very tiny movement of fingers make it drop right into one of its new neighbors, even if it doesn't seemingly overlap with it. It feels like in a lot of cases you make a task some other tasks subtask instead of just changing the sort. That's why I said that it's an interface problem. I would upload a screenshot for the moment of "dropping: if it helps. A user should be extremely careful when sorting his tasks by drag-and-drop, and it makes it completely unusable as cost is more then value here.
Posted 7 years ago
andrewski (Remember The Milk) says:
Thanks for clarifying, onerror! I've passed this along to our development team to investigate more specifically.

Let me know if I can help with anything else in the meantime!
Posted 7 years ago
kakaxa says:
+1
Posted 7 years ago