Forums

Discuss all things Remember The Milk.

menu

Customize Tasks Displayed in iOS Widget

robert.ward says:
As this forum thread linked below describes, it would be great if we could customize what tasks are shown in the "today" widget, instead of just tasks due today.

https://www.rememberthemilk.com/forums/help/21491/#81074
Posted at 6:29pm on September 21, 2016
tmacam says:
I personally use a smart list that only shows tasks due exactly today and would be nice to be able to use this as my list in the widget instead of the current default one which pretty much is "dueBefore:Today"
Posted 7 years ago
paul.alexander.jones says:
I agree. The iOS only shows today list but should be able to show any smart list!!!!!! Please... dont make me beg.
Posted 7 years ago
jodybotham says:
This would be immensely useful, similar to what other apps let you do such as 2Do and OmniFocus
Posted 7 years ago
vargalas says:
I also agree with this. I want to display a specific list there, ny @Next_action list.
I display the today's schedule in my calendat, not in RTM.
Posted 7 years ago
rperaless says:
Smartlists are the main reason I chose RTM and went pro. But they're not very useful if I can't use them on the widget I glance multiple times per day! Please let us know if this is planned to be fixed soon
Posted 7 years ago
chubbyrussian says:
+1
"Today" is pretty useless in the widget. The ability to choose a specific list is a must for the widget to become any good.
Posted 6 years ago
sweth says:
+1

It's kind of absurd that this isn't customizable.
Posted 6 years ago
amykwa says:
+1

The widget isn't usable for me if I can't choose the list to display. Please update the widget soon!
Posted 6 years ago
daniel.sparing says:
+1
Posted 6 years ago
pcopestake says:
Totally agree with this, the widget is pretty much useless as it is, and bizarrely sub-functional compared to the rest of RTM and to widget functions of other apps.
Posted 6 years ago
barbaraeballard says:
+1
Posted 6 years ago
(closed account) says:
+1
Posted 5 years ago
azclaire says:
+1! It's useless to me and it makes the RTM widget useless as well.
Posted 5 years ago
nepveul says:
+1
Posted 5 years ago
bcukier says:
Almost useless the way it is today
Posted 5 years ago
azclaire says:
In the meantime, I've started using one of RTM's new SIRI Shortcuts. You record the phrase you want SIRI to recognize and point it to the list you want opened.

My phrase is an imaginative "RTM List". I activate SIRI, say "RTM List" and it opens my target list.
Posted 5 years ago
flopauillem says:
Absolutely agrees!
Posted 5 years ago
theboxi says:
+1
I have many tasks without a dueDate but marked with tags. So to choose the „WidgetList“ is Key
Posted 4 years ago
dktnecro says:
+1
i'm android user with pro for over 10 years and enjoy RTM
every single day.
but OH MY!!! I just gifted my girlfriend a 1year pro to help her organize things when I realised that you can not configure the widget on her iPhone. I added widgets for smart lists to my android homescreen since 10 YEARS!!! seriously?!
please fix this
Posted 4 years ago
7ohnf1ne says:
Same as others - I can't use the RTM wideget on iOS without being able to set a smartlist as the widget's default list. Thank you for considering.
Posted 4 years ago
dave.liao says:
We should be able to choose a specific list (or smart list) for the iOS widget - hope this feature comes eventually! 🙏
Posted 3 years ago
ranbarton Power Poster says:
This is one of the most important gaps left.
Posted 3 years ago
daniel.sparing says:
Now that widgets will be shown more prominently on new iOS, would it be possible to have a look at this, many years after this was available on Android? Thanks!
Posted 3 years ago