Forums

Discuss all things Remember The Milk.

menu

Ability to reorder notes

houweb says:
i would find it really useful to be able to re-order notes attached to tasks - some kind of easy drag and drop? es possible?

(by the way, i've used loads of other task listing services, and i just keep coming back to rtm, because it does what i need, and does it simply and elegantly - thanks!)
Posted at 9:07am on May 16, 2007
(closed account) says:
I've used RTM some time ago, then stopped using it, recently came back to it and absolutely LOVE it. The only thing that I really miss is the ability to sort notes alphabetically, or by drag and drop. So I second your request!
Posted 15 years ago
garyjoy says:
I often find myself making random changes to a note to make sure it stays at the top of the list. I'd be more than happy with the ability to apply priorities to notes...
Posted 12 years ago
gavin.r.murphy says:
Agree with this completely. I need to be able to sequence notes manually to over-ride the default sequence of most recently updated at the top.
Posted 12 years ago
sheilarocha. says:
Quando eu edito uma nota mais antiga, ela automaticamente passa a ser a primeira da lista. Eu gostaria de manter a ordem, mesmo editando para que seja possível corrigir ou complementar aquela nota sem muda-la de lugar.
Posted 11 years ago
sheilarocha. says:
When I edit a past note, it, automatically shows in first order of the list. I would like remain the order when I need correct or introduce new information in that note.
Posted 11 years ago
pastor.terryp says:
Even being able to prioritize would help. 1-4 like a task

Tp
Posted 11 years ago
allanchester says:
I agree 100%, need to have the function to reorder notes
Posted 10 years ago
oliverconroy says:
I'd really like to see this too. I've gotten into using RTM much more of late and the way I'm using it right now involves creating many notes that I'd like to be able to drag into an order of my choice.
Posted 10 years ago
dominic.spachmann says:
same here!
Posted 9 years ago
(closed account) says:
Ditto on being able to change to order of notes.
Posted 9 years ago
jameyers4 says:
Please count me in on changing note order / sorting.
Posted 8 years ago
robfreundlich says:
Count me in, too. I have a list set up as "Today's agenda", and I'd like to be able to arrange the items on it in the order I want to do them. Even being able to just roughly arrange them into morning, afternoon, and evening would be helpful.

This is different from Priority, because that is "how important is this item?"

I'm currently using due time to do the ordering, but then I get notifications, which I don't want.
Posted 8 years ago
brice.carbonel says:
+1 here
Posted 8 years ago
pistaccio11 says:
+1
Posted 7 years ago
davegrosser says:
+1
Posted 7 years ago
skarmio says:
+1
Posted 7 years ago
bdavison says:
Hmm, found an old post from Emma with a workaround, but apparently it no longer works. Wonder if it would be easier for RTM staff to bring back the workaround, even if it's not the most elegant solution? Here's Emma in 2006: "They're ordered by the date they were last edited -- so it's possible to reorder by editing the note that you'd like to appear at the top (unfortunately the notes are cached so it may not reorder until the next time you load the site)."
Posted 6 years ago
mbart67 says:
Would love to see some ability to order Notes, however I notice that this request was started over 10 years ago, and may be falling on deaf ears !!!!
Posted 6 years ago
jmitch5436 says:
This would be a great new feature.
Posted 6 years ago
damselfly77 says:
Yes! The ability to manually re-order notes would be SO HELPFUL!
Posted 5 years ago
yamaki.takahiro says:
I want this!
Posted 5 years ago
jon2u says:
Please!
Posted 4 years ago
courtneyworrell says:
Agree with all of the above!! The ability to reorder notes within a task would be a fantastic improvement. Thanks!
Posted 4 years ago
jeanjoh says:
Totally agreed. I have used RTM for years now after searching for other digital means of staying organized. I even have my daughter using it now and have recommended to others. NOT being able to organize notes by sequence or dragging would be wonderful!!!
Posted 4 years ago
(closed account) says:
For readability, I break long instructions or informational material into a series of notes. They need to be read in order. Notes seem to be sorted by date/time, newest touched first. Very bad assumption on the part of the developer as to how the user is using their notes.

Which is a mysterious way of saying that now I have to remember to enter my notes from the rear forward so that the logical first note is entered last. Painful.

If I could just drag and drop, it would be easy.
Posted 3 years ago
spdavis3 says:
+1
Posted 3 years ago
susana.barbosa says:
Yes!
Posted 3 years ago
menage says:
+1
Posted 3 years ago
gvbelltr says:
I use notes to keep a running "diary" of steps taken in addressing the issue set out in the task or to set out other information needed. It would be great to make sure that the notes are in the order that makes sense. Drag and drop would be the best.
Posted 3 years ago
wiggin1836 says:
+1
Posted 3 years ago
tolorg says:
I'm amazed this is still an issue after so many years. I try to keep the notes for particular tasks in a useful order, but RTM occasionally randomly reverses their order, so the note that should be at the top and readily available disappears to the end of the list. I have no idea why. Since RTM seems to have no intention of fixing the issue, I will try from now on to have only one note for each task, no matter how big that note gets, because that way I can hope to maintain it in a logical order.
Posted 2 years ago
pomducap says:
Definitely - to be able to manually reorder, or to put the most recently edited one at the top would be great. Please Bob?
Posted 2 years ago
nah.why says:
Yes, please. I asked here: https://www.rememberthemilk.com/forums/help/27122/
If it was at least consistent. For me it's date *created* order, newest on top, but sometimes it get jumbled. Also sometimes it suddenly changes so that every single note looks like it was edited just now. I wonder if it's because of the caching or some reload as Emily was quoted as hinting at previously in this thread. Anyway

+1 for me
Posted 2 years ago
aromweis says:
Chiming in with my vote to at least keep the notes in the same order each time, if it is not easy to provide customizable sequencing. I am seeing the same behavior as Nah.why - all notes show they were edited at the same time and then the order they are displayed seems random. This is for a repeating task, which probably complicates things. It does make tracking updates to a task very difficult.
Posted 2 years ago
scottewells says:
+1 please add this feature soon
Posted 1 year ago
michel.vuilleumier says:
Obvious too…
Posted 12 months ago
coasterguy53433 says:
Yes please
Posted 11 months ago
jasonshicks says:
Id love to be able to move notes to another task, drag/drop function, like tasks.
Posted 8 months ago
arwen.warlock says:
I found this thread searching for being able to move notes from one task to another which I would like.

I would also love to be able to order them by drag & drop. Or maybe a couple of choices of how to order them (by date updated or alpha maybe if drag/drop is hard because of how the code is architected somehow)
Posted 5 months ago