Forums

Discuss all things Remember The Milk.

menu

Add Start Date Icon above Task List

klliopatra says:
In the task list, when you select a task, a row of icons appears above the task list (Complete, Postpone, Give To, Priority, Due Date, Move to, Tags More). Please add an icon for Start Date, which can work the same way as the Due Date icon.

The reason for this suggestion is that, right now, the only way to change the Start Date of multiple tasks is to select all the tasks, then click on the More menu (three dots), then click Bulk Update, then select Start Date from the drop down menu and then type in your start date. That is too many steps, so I have come up with an easy solution.

Adding a Start Date icon to the row of icons would make this just as easy as changing the Due Date of multiple tasks. Thank you in advance for considering this suggestion.
Posted at 9:51pm on March 23, 2016
fant says:
+1
in Addition: how about that the start date gets the same importance like the due date. In appearance (where as klliopatra mentions) and an optional consideration of postponing. If I postpone a Task - what I often do :-( - I would like that this affects the start date, not the due date.
Posted 7 years ago
(closed account) says:
+1 to the ability to easily postpone the start date - I do this easily 100x more often than changing a due date (as in many task management approaches I reserve due dates for true deadlines, which don't tend to change nearly as often as mere "intentions" to do something).

If it needs to be kept separate from postponing the due date, to avoid confusion where a task has both dates, it could perhaps be labelled as "reschedule" or "defer" instead of "postpone"?
Posted 7 years ago
mesmes says:
+1000
Posted 1 year ago