Forums

Discuss all things Remember The Milk.

menu

User-friendly email address

(closed account) says:
While I can easily store the email address for my inbox in an outlook contact, other people might not be able to rememeber.

It would be great to have the user id map to the email address so if I want to send somthing directly to someone else's list from email it's easier to remember.

Posted at 4:04pm on October 20, 2005
Launched
emily (Remember The Milk) says:
Shorter email addresses are now available; please see our blog post.
Posted 18 years ago
corey.nelson says:
Careful what you ask for. :)

While it probably would be easy for Omar to make the email addresses to be based on the user name (jckos@rememberthemilk.com), it would also make you easier to spam. Allowing users to set their own email address would lead to naming conflicts. Tricky issue.
Posted 18 years ago
emily (Remember The Milk) says:
Shorter email addresses should be available soon.

We just want to make sure you don't end up receiving spam into your tasks inbox :)
Posted 18 years ago
daniel.adam says:
one way would be a white list with valid adresses that are allowed to mail in to your account
Posted 18 years ago
ranbarton Power Poster says:
As a kludge, if I or others email me anything at my regulat home account with RTMRTM in the body of the message, the message is auto-forwarded to RTM, so can tell a select few people who can put up with this kludge to email me what they wish, and then I still get the task added in RTM.
Posted 18 years ago
You cannot comment on this idea as it is locked.