Forums

Discuss all things Remember The Milk.

menu

Using RTM as ticket system

matrix089 says:
Hi,
it would be great to be able to use RTM as ticket system.

People send a task. They get an access and see their tickets or i can hand out access to a certain list.
Tasks would need to be able to have attachements.
Admin stuff like "declining ticket cause information is missing" means that the ticket is sent back to the tasker which the information that something is missing.
Posted at 9:49am on July 27, 2015
dkbann says:
Hi,

I have a similar need, although instead of using RTM as the ticket system, why not integrate RTM with another vendor/software for ticket system?

Reason for ticket system: I find myself having to always chase my managers for updates when the RTM item shows up on my screen. Not always they send me email updates, so tasks usually drag on longer than they should. With a ticket system, everything is time stamped and in one location and can send regular "reminders" to my managers.

Thanks for a great software, RTM!
Posted 8 years ago
(closed account) says:
I think this request would take RTM outside it's intended scope. It would require a lot of reconfiguring to get it to become a ticketing system.

I use RTM for personal and for work. When I have a user request at work that I need to schedule, I enter it into RTM, but it's only for me to see.

A ticketing system would require installation on a server somewhere with permissions, etc.
Posted 2 years ago