Forums

Discuss all things Remember The Milk.

menu

Change your default list based on time (e.g. automatically switch between home and work lists)

(closed account) says:
My idea basically is this: allow the user to automatically change the default list based on the current time in his or her time zone, to accommodate automatic switching from a home to-do list to a work to-do list, etc.

Golden Idea: complete custom scheduling including date. 8:00-10:00, 12:00-3:00, 7:00p-9:00p, etc., Friday, Thursday, Sunday, Tuesday, etc.

One Step Down from That: allow the user to define the period during which he is at work, and allow a single switch between one list for a work environment and one list for a home environment.

Two Steps Down from That: allow the user to activate a work default between the preset times of 9-5 Monday through Friday (their local time), and a home default all other times.

Three Steps Down from That: In the box where iCalendar and Atom feeds are listed, put one link above all of them entitled "Permalink", which a user can bookmark and then set as their default; this would allow a user to bookmark their work smart list at work and use that as their homepage in their work browser, and so on.
Posted at 3:07pm on December 27, 2006
ranbarton Power Poster says:
A little esoteric, but I'd use it everyday, as would, - I suspect - many of the users here. Good idea.
Posted 17 years ago
deanhouseholder says:
This idea presupposes that you only use one work list and one personal list.

I personally have several of each. At any given time, I'm only one click away from whatever list I choose.

It doesn't seem necessary. I'm in favor of having only the best features so as not to clutter the interface.
Posted 17 years ago
ranbarton Power Poster says:
While it's true that I have more than a dozen lists, I do have one primary home list and one different primary work list. As I said a few days ago, this is esoteric, but I'd wind up using it every day, so it's a more useful suggestion than some of the things I see here (to me, I mean).

Anway, Emily and Omar seem to focus on UI and feature creep, so I don't expect to see anything like this appear here any time soon.
Posted 17 years ago
mikabren says:
Even if you have dozens of lists and a whole bunch of tasks, you could still use your regulard Inbox.
Just leave your primary Personal and Work lists as they are. Then, a few times a day, check your inbox and move all the personal tasks to Personal and all the work tasks to Work.
Like this, you can choose other times to put your personal and work tasks into all the specific lists you've created. But your Personal/Work split is already made!
Posted 12 years ago