Forums

Discuss all things Remember The Milk.

menu

Kindle Fire app

(closed account) says:
I just got a Kindle Fire, and I'd love to install Remember The Milk on it. Is there a way to make that happen?
Posted at 8:03am on November 16, 2011
Launched
emily (Remember The Milk) says:
Remember The Milk is now available on the Kindle Fire (we had to make a few tweaks to ensure compatibility).

Thanks for everyone's feedback! :)
Posted 12 years ago
It's not available right now (sorry!), but we're definitely looking into this -- we have a Kindle Fire on its way to us so that we'll be able to test the app on this device, and make sure that everything runs smoothly.
Posted 12 years ago
leonardcingram says:
+1 on this request!
Posted 12 years ago
bradley.farless says:
also want
Posted 12 years ago
hansknecht says:
yep, please please
Posted 12 years ago
lizarddiva says:
really really really want this.
Posted 12 years ago
rmorgangriffin says:
+1! Thanks.
Posted 12 years ago
(closed account) says:
You can sideload RTM onto the Fire
(Google - Sideload Android Apps on a Kindle Fire).

After a couple of days, the only thing I can't figure out is how to add a new item on the Fire. That's mainly because the Fire doesn't have a dedicated 'return or enter' key when in the sideloaded RTM. If you add your item on another device & sync, works great.
Posted 12 years ago
nayfield says:

Yeah it's strange that on amazon it's listed as compatible with my phone but not my kindle fire. I'm guessing that it's using an API that they don't have on the fire - it would be great to get one that works for both.
Posted 12 years ago
brycerton says:
I tried sideloading the 2.0 RTM apk on the Kindle Fire, and when installing the package doesn't parse correctly. We'll need to wait on an official version, as stated above.
Posted 12 years ago
I've moved this topic over from the Android forum.

We're still waiting for our Kindle Fire to arrive so that we can test the app and see if we need to make any changes to make the app compatible (we're in Australia, so fingers crossed it'll get here sometime this week!).
Posted 12 years ago
bdlyon says:
If you port the RTM Android to Kindle Fire, don't forget to also take care of the Barnes and Noble Nook Color and Nook Tablet crowd. With all of them being Android, certainly the recode should not be too terribly involved. Millions of users on both tablets and a closed environment. Those app providers that spend the time and $$$ recoding their apps for these two tablets will have limited competition from other similar apps that do not bother to recode for Fire and Nook Color/Tablet. I know I'd be willing to sign up for RTM Pro if i could have it on my Nook.
Posted 12 years ago
stevecane says:
Any updates?
Posted 12 years ago
aiesha.dotson says:
+20 on this request ... just got Kindle fire last night and need RTM a.s.a.p.
Posted 12 years ago
jaydob says:
Just downloaded it and so far it works awesome. :)
Posted 12 years ago
crazydesi says:
I also just got my Kindle Fire and am missing this feature. Remember the Milk, for me, is a must.
Posted 12 years ago
ccrgmac says:
So what's happening?

RTM was listed with big red X meaning that it was not compatible with Fire but Amazon have now greenlighted the app so it can be installed without side loading. The "Approved App" compatibility marker in the Amazon Appstore is supposed to mean that it's been tested but there's no way to create or edit tasks. I can type in the text box but without an Enter key, I can't complete the task.

Help!
Posted 12 years ago
rmorgangriffin says:
I just downloaded the app on my Kindle Fire and I'm having a problem. I can't seem to add a task. I can type in the task in the add field, but there's no equivalent of "enter" on the on-screen keyboard on that particular screen. So I can't enter it.

Perhaps I'm being dense, but I've seen other people saying the same thing on the Amazon forum -- http://www.amazon.com/review/R1XMKPAY49IKHF/ref=cm_cr_dp_cmt?ie=UTF8&ASIN=B00657XVYY&nodeID=2350149011&tag=&linkCode=#wasThisHelpful

Am I missing something? Thanks.

Posted 12 years ago
rogerms says:
RTM works fine on my Kindle Fire, except that I can't add tasks in the app due to the problem described above. Hopefully it will be fixed soon! I'm using the version from the Amazon app store.
Posted 12 years ago
lizarddiva says:
I am so glad that I wasn't just crazy about adding tasks. You can do it; you just have to do it through the settings button at the bottom of the screen (add task) and the touch the save icon at the top. You can't do it through the smart add/plus icon at the top without a save/enter key.
Posted 12 years ago
rogerms says:
Thanks @namiller2010, that method of adding tasks work fine! Hopefully, the add/plus method will be fixed in the next update.
Posted 12 years ago
rogerms says:
This evening's update fixed the problem, I can add tasks using the add/plus method now. (: Thanks for fixing it.
Posted 12 years ago
ccrgmac says:
Yep, fixed.
Posted 12 years ago
You cannot comment on this idea as it is locked.