Forums

Discuss all things Remember The Milk.

menu

Add Kanban boards/functionality

sabrinah says:
Like http://kanbantool.com

Or integrate with that tool via http://kanbantool.com/about/api ?
Posted at 6:22pm on June 10, 2011
aklefdal says:
With RememberTheMilk as it is today, it is perfoect for small tasks that has to be done on a given day. For larger tasks, that might be main work at home for several days, there is no great support.

I would like to handle the unscheduled tasks in a kanban style. For instnce with the following columns: Backlog, This Week, Doing, Done/Completed
Posted 12 years ago
pvdkrogt says:
yes kanban is a real must, could be as simple as showing the different task lists in one window and add a doing and done area with drag and drop function
Posted 12 years ago
(closed account) says:
A kanban style view would be great and a reason to keep using rtm. It could be done easily by adding a view which uses the lists. Any list with a flag "kanban" would be shown in the new kanban view.
Posted 12 years ago
(closed account) says:
Yes, kanban style/integration would be really great. RTM is useful for keeping a list of everything that needs to get done (where/when/everywhichway) but having a way of visualizing those tasks when I start to work would be killer.
Posted 12 years ago
randyvee says:
Another +1 (or +2 as a pro ;-) for this idea. I use RTM to capture all my gross level todos, especially since I've always got it with me. However, I'm increasingly using a kanban tool (in my case KanbanFlow) for visualization and more micro task management. Means I have to manual migrate things from RTM to the kanban view.
Posted 11 years ago
iaind1957 says:
+2 from me also. I really need the visual aspect to properly get a handle on my life - I'm one of those people who always say YES to something new exciting and a key reason is that just looking at a count of tasks doesn't give me the visual feedback about whether I have the capacity to take something on or not...
Posted 11 years ago
wintamute says:
+2, having a way to visualize tasks would be great. Using 2 different tools doesn't make much sense.
Posted 10 years ago
hasuf says:
+2. Using kanban2go now, but would gladly move all that stuff over to RTM.
Posted 10 years ago
jostick says:
+2, this would be a great feature.
Posted 10 years ago
(closed account) says:
+2 from me, too!
Posted 10 years ago
ariadne_cycles says:
Agreed, this would be great - am just learned about kanban and would love to incorporate it with RTM
Posted 10 years ago
ariadne_cycles says:
just 'learning'!
Posted 10 years ago
ariadne_cycles says:
I'm trying to work out if I can set up a connection between RTM, Evernote and kanban2go to get something working, but it might be too complex...
Posted 10 years ago
jwander14 says:
+2 for a kanbanflow.com layout...giddyup!
Posted 10 years ago
robscottnorton says:
+2
Posted 10 years ago
kelemensanyi says:
+2
Posted 8 years ago
(closed account) says:
+2
That would be a nice feature for sure! I'm trying to set up the integration between RTM and kanbantool.com myself by emailing my reminders to the kanbanboard (through the add tasks from email-function). Can't quite get it the way I want it thought.
Posted 8 years ago
(closed account) says:
At the moment I am using priority in RTM as Kanban panel:
- Done: When task is checked
- Red: Doing,
- Dark Blue: Ready to get
- Light Blue: Backlog
- No color: Clarify/Future/Maybe
Posted 8 years ago
(closed account) says:
+1
Posted 8 years ago
krzysztof.wasik says:
+1
Posted 8 years ago
(closed account) says:
I use priority colours as Kanban columns
Posted 7 years ago
soop3rn8 says:
+2! I'd love to see this feature added, especially for tackling larger projects that involve multiple parts.
Posted 6 years ago
dan.collier says:
I +1ed this as well. I would love to write an extension for this. In the meantime, however, it is possible to hack something together. I created a local html page with 3 iframes and each one points to a different smartlist. I know RTM doesn't support multiple states, so if you were going for a ready/doing/done for example, then you would have to use tags or something for the first 2 states and the done column could be items tagged as doing that are marked as completed or something. Here is my example kanban board
https://pastebin.com/ebg7ZQEY
Posted 6 years ago
dp21g says:
+1 would love to move my trello stuff here with this functionality
Posted 6 years ago
markus.koester says:
same for me ... i would like to use it with my tea and KANBAN would be grate
Posted 6 years ago
michzimny says:
+2

What's the status of this idea?
Posted 6 years ago
tailarson says:
+2 I would love to be able to view RTM as a Kanban. Specifically I would like to be able to use Smart Lists as the "Project" and "User Selected" tags as columns. Please contact me if you would like to get further input.
Posted 6 years ago
(closed account) says:
+1 for Kanban boards! I would go from free to pro with that addition, and close my Trello account.
Posted 5 years ago
yyaboo says:
+1!!!!
Posted 5 years ago
joelroberts says:
Definitely! +1
Posted 5 years ago
anaki808built says:
Must have for me +3
Posted 5 years ago
kim.herren says:
Yes, love it for basic task tracking but I need to start limiting my own WIP to make sure I GSD!!! Please add a kanban board view or integrate with a tool that does.
Posted 5 years ago
olsansky says:
Please +1337
Posted 5 years ago
robert_home says:
Kanban, with Work In Progress (WIP) limits on columns. A great tool to drive tactical focus on the tasks for the day. Perhaps implemented as a display option on a Smart List, using Tags?, or a new field? - to define the columns e.g. Backlog, Doing, Done. But would be best if any values could be used - another example Backlog, Ready, On Deck, Doing, Done etc.
Posted 4 years ago
thomas.decker says:
Kanban is a standard tool in project management. It gives a good overview - better then separate lists.
For buying milk Kanban is to much. But for buying millk are better apps aroud than RTM.
Posted 4 years ago
rolandschupp says:
I would definitely favor a Kanban option for RTM! As a long time PRO user, this would be a viable reason for me to prolong the subscription.
Posted 4 years ago
fhettenbach says:
+1 - would love to see it. Make it as simple as just changing the view mode. Take a loot at ayoa. Great visuals but useless for organizing
Posted 4 years ago
kailashgajara says:
Kanban is needed Please. Kindly add in the software asap.
Posted 3 years ago
(closed account) says:
Kanban ist needed please, see todoist kanban or Meistertask! 2021 Kanban view is on my wish list
Posted 3 years ago
ian.cooper.rose says:
A storyboard view would be very helpful in my household for visualizing where a task is in a routine / workflow. I have no problem if the implementation is by setting a tag that is visible in other views that correlates with the column/state. I would like it to also have some intelligence about common states like queue and complete, so that a repeatable task in complete, knows that the complete version needs to be "completed" and the new instance starts with queue, for example. Simple configurable behaviors based on column / magic tag / state. Thank you
Posted 3 years ago
(closed account) says:
I am long-time happy RTM user, but I really really miss a Kanban/Agile board. Trello, MeisterTask and others are picking up and I am evaluating alternative options because I feel more and more limited in what RTM can offer today.
Posted 3 years ago
mptm says:
Todoist has a nice Kanban feature, would love to see something I've this in RTM.
Posted 3 years ago
degmaier says:
Being used to Kanban Boards from Jira, DevOps, Trello, Todoist and Co. I would really appreciate to have such a view on tasks that I can filter in.
I am using RTM already since more than a decade, but having a Kanban Board like view would just make it easier to keep an overview over the work of a day or week.
Posted 2 years ago
john.madla says:
Would love a Kanban board. I am a long time pro user and I find myself considering a change to Todoist due to their Kanban option.
Posted 2 years ago
trabs says:
Same as John here.
Posted 2 years ago
jmbone says:
I'm also a long-standing user of RTM but looking at Todoist for their board view.
Posted 2 years ago
mish_mosh says:
+2
Posted 1 year ago
zaxy says:
#me2
Posted 1 year ago
jimboyoyo says:
+2
Posted 10 months ago