Forums

Discuss all things Remember The Milk.

menu

Ability to 'invite' Remember The Milk to events in Google Calendar, and add the events as tasks

(closed account) says:
The gCal/RTM combination is fantastic, but I think this capability would make the combo even better for me.
Here's what I want to do... use gCal like an archive of my activities, and RTM as my "agenda view" with notifications.

What I would love to be able to do is enter an event in gCal, and invite my RTM email. Of course I can do that now ... and edit the heck out of the resulting task ... but it would be soooo much better if RTM could interpret the invite for me and get the date/item/whatever, so that all I'd have to do is get the tags right :)

Now I know I can subscribe to my RTM (public) task lists with gCal, but I'd really rather not have everything publicly viewable. And gCal has that silly limitation of notifications only for the master calendar :(
Posted at 2:17am on September 13, 2006
sonjakirsten says:
not sure what you mean with events as tasks, but to be able to see the RTM tasks in google calendar as an additional calendar and the tasks showing as events that would be awesome. then I could do some long-range planning with events.
Posted 12 years ago
ranbarton Power Poster says:
@sonjakirsten - have you tried this: http://www.rememberthemilk.com/help/answers/icalendar/googlecalendar.rtm ?
Posted 12 years ago