Forums

Discuss all things Remember The Milk.

menu

Add URL field

justdoro says:
Hi,

I'm using and loving the QuickAdd feature from within Safari and Firefox.

Could you change the feature to also save the URL to the task URL property?
Posted at 5:15pm on December 9, 2010
raymond.bergmark Power Poster says:
Read more in this thread http://www.rememberthemilk.com/forums/tips/3133/ , especially this part:

"ryankennedy says:

One more version of the bookmarklet:

- uses the mobile version of the UI
- uses browser's current URL in the new task's URL field
- if you have selected text, uses that as the task name, otherwise it uses the Page Title

java_script:(function(){h='m.rememberthemilk.com';p='/add';if(window.getSelection){t=window.getSelection();}else%20if(document.getSelection){t=document.getSelection();}else%20if(document.selection){t=document.selection.createRange().text;};cp='http://'+h+p+'?name='+((null==t||t==""||t==undefined)?encodeURIComponent(document.title):t)+'&url='+encodeURIComponent(location.href);w=window.open(cp,'addwindow','status=no,toolbar=no,width=250,height=560,resizable=yes');setTimeout(function(){w.focus();},500);})();

NOTE: remove the "_" in java_script"

Basically you make your own Quick Add and use the mobile site (you need to log in once) on your computer.
Posted 13 years ago
justdoro says:
Sweet!

Thanks.
Posted 13 years ago
(closed account) says:
works, thank you! But this should be added at official site, too.
Posted 12 years ago
dsteele says:
I'm surprised that there is still not official support for this. I find myself revisiting this issue every 6 months.
Posted 11 years ago
dsteele says:
Workaround doesn't work for me (probably again - as I said, this comes up a couple times a year). It asks for a login every time, and opens to a blank form.
Posted 11 years ago
michaelcaruso says:
+2
Posted 11 years ago
(closed account) says:
so simple, and usefull why not add it
Posted 11 years ago
bgoodr says:
please add it so that the &url= part actually works.
Posted 11 years ago
(closed account) says:
Very awesome. Thanks! That's been irritating me for a while now ...
Posted 11 years ago
brulilac says:
Thanks @rajjan, the code still works. Only annoying part is it doesn't autopopulate the task name with the title of the page, and I have to manually paste the date into the due field. But it does save the url!
Posted 10 years ago
wwoolrich says:
Official support for auto-completion of the URL field as a feature of the Bookmarklet simply makes sense.
Posted 8 years ago
erikts says:
I love using Pinboard bookmarklet to save site and wish that RTM bookmarklet has comparable ability to populate task name with title of page and URL. Thank you.
Posted 6 years ago
nofinator says:
The mobile web version will be discontinued on June 1, 2018, which likely means that the excellent workaround posted here won't work anymore! Can official support for this url field be added now please?
Posted 5 years ago