Forums

Discuss all things Remember The Milk.

menu

RTM keeps resizing Gmail pane

tamar says:
Ever since the new version of RTM was launched, whenever I reopen Gmail on FF 3.6, it resizes the pane. Then, mail is unusable.

It's hard to explain but a screenshot might help.

http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4024/4442484409_d452567019_o.png

This is a partial screenshot (bear in mind that my screen resolution is 1920x1200, so what you see is what you get without any resizing). Then there's a ton of whitespace and the RTM bar as expected. And Gmail is totally not functional (this issue even locks my computer for about a minute) because the top always says "Still Working." Thus, RTM is interfering with Gmail's functionality.

When I disable RTM, this doesn't happen. When I don't, this always happens. It's almost impossible to stop this pane resizing. Eventually, I do it, only to encounter it again until I finally get RTM to stop doing it.

btw, I FWIW, I have two Gmail tabs open at any given time: my main Gmail account and this one, a Google Apps account. It *sometimes* happens with the Gmail tab, but it *always* happens with the Google Apps tab.

Can anyone shed any light on this issue? Is this happening to anyone else? If so, what did you to do fix it? RTM team, do you know what this is or am I the only person in the world encountering it?
Posted at 1:34pm on March 18, 2010
andrewski (Remember The Milk) says:
It looks like you have Better Gmail or a similar extension installed. Can you try disabling any extensions related to Gmail to see if they may conflict?

Also, if you haven't done so already, would it be possible to try clearing your browser's cache and cookies, restarting the browser, and trying again?

If that doesn't help, more than likely, Google may have rolled out a new version of Gmail with different code, which will affect the extension's ability to operate. These rollouts are per account, and sometimes they release the new code to a small number of Gmail users first, before rolling it out to everyone, so it sounds as though your account may be one of the first affected by the change.

We've set up a status page to keep track of all the different versions of Gmail's code (and whether or not we're supporting them yet).

If you encounter issues, please check this page to find out if your Gmail version is supported, and let us know if it's not supported yet.

Let me know what you find!
Posted 14 years ago
andrewski (Remember The Milk) says:
For what it's worth: this appears to have been resolved by disabling Better Gmail.
Posted 14 years ago
This topic has now been closed automatically due to a lack of responses in the past 90 days.