Forums

Discuss all things Remember The Milk.

menu

reminders in Windows messenger?

grpulse says:
I need help getting reminders to work in an instant messenger program. I have had no problem sending reminders to email. But no success sending reminders to instant messenger accounts. As far as I understand, Windows Messenger which came with my Windows XP computer accesses the same .NET Messaging Service contacts as MSN Messenger. Does that mean I should be able to use Windows Messenger to receive reminders from remind@rememberthemilk.com that are sent to MSN Messenger? I've added remind@rememberthemilk.com to my Windows Messenger contacts and so far it's not working. I deleted and re-added remind@rememberthemilk.com to my contacts and it still does not work. If I need to download MSN Messenger to make it work, can you recommend a safe location from which to download the latest MSN messenger. I haven't found a reliable link for doing so.

I also set up a yahoo messenger account. When I try to add the contact remind@rememberthemilk.com or rtmremind it requires me to send a message to that contact to ask for approval. I haven't received approval, and haven't received reminders.

I tried several times, with a few different tasks. As an example the task "Review Aaron's music" due: "13 Feb 10 at 2:51PM" did not send a reminder.
Posted at 11:51pm on February 13, 2010
andrewski (Remember The Milk) says:
Yes, any IM account should work, and it sounds like you already have Windows Messenger set up correctly.

Do you have the IM accounts set up and turned on in your RTM account? If so, can you try deleting them and recreating them?

Hope this helps!
Posted 14 years ago
This topic has now been closed automatically due to a lack of responses in the past 90 days.