Forums

Discuss all things Remember The Milk.

menu

Smart Add via email doesn't seem to be working

lohroffc says:
I sent an email to my rtm address with an empty subject (wanting it to go into my inbox) and the following message in the body:

get the milk ^today

I was expecting to end up with a task in my inbox with a title of "get the milk" with a due date of today.

What I got was an unnamed task in my inbox with a note "get the mile ^today".

FWIW... It also seems to be treating the subject as the task name rather than the list name.

I do have Smart Add turned on in my settings.

Also, I tried the following example (from the email help page):

Buy birthday present for Mike today
Pay the phone bill tomorrow
Make dentist appointment on Tuesday #errand
Pick up the milk tomorrow @Supermarket

I ended up with a single unnamed task with the above text as a note.

What am I doing wrong?
Posted at 2:29pm on December 8, 2009
lohroffc says:
I don't yet have a pro account. Is this the problem?
Posted 14 years ago
raymond.bergmark Power Poster says:
There are two e-mail addresses that are used to send tasks to RTM, have you tried both? Also, why not use the subject line as the task name including Smart Add syntax, worth a try?

Pro account has nothing to do with this.
Posted 14 years ago
benb says:
There are 2 emails:
The "import" one will add multiple tasks (one task per line in the email body) to the list in the subject.
The other one will add one task, with the email subject as the task name, and you can set options in the body.

Looks like you used the second one. They're both useful, depends on what you need to do.
Posted 14 years ago
lohroffc says:
Aha! I was indeed NOT using the import address. I am now using the import address and it's working perfectly. Thanks!
Posted 14 years ago
This topic has now been closed automatically due to a lack of responses in the past 90 days.